Up to £0.00 per annum
8 months ago
Morson are recruiting for a Data Scientist to join our client in London, England.
1. Create new tools and algorithms based on sophisticated analyses of London roads operational data and prepare reports for publication to provide timely insight into emerging multi modal trends in the utilisation of London's road space, for a variety of audiences, including Directors and other key stakeholders.
2. Integrate datasets and perform analyses spanning two or more of these existing data sets to generate new insights into our data. Using a data analytics approach, develop a set of data analysis methods and algorithms which can be implemented by Outcomes Analysis and subsequently offered to key managers within our client and external partner organisations on a managed-service basis.
3. Maintain systems to ensure that relevant performance of the Surface Transport network is monitored through the appropriate mechanisms.
4. Undertake research and analysis programmes to help develop our clients policy objectives and provide support for operational decisions for London's roads.
5. Create and contribute to proposals for research and analysis programmes, to keep up to date with relevant research and analysis, and maintain our client at the forefront in the fields of performance monitoring, research and analysis.
6. Undertake economic evaluation including cost benefit analysis of schemes and projects for preparation of business cases and for benefits realisation.
7. Manage consultants, including evaluation of tenders, and collaborate with academic institutions carrying out projects to the value of up to £250K annually, including large-scale surveys and research and analysis projects.
8. To promote Operational Analysis and develop and maintain a network of internal and external stakeholders, including contractors and data suppliers.
9. Present clear and accurate outputs of analysis to both technical and non-technical audiences, including our clients senior management, providing insightful interpretation by leveraging explanatory commentary, and visual aids to answer the business question.
10. Undertake any other duties or projects as part of the Operational Analysis team, and in line with the purpose of the job.
* Degree qualified or significant appropriate demonstrable experience.
* Excellent working knowledge of spreadsheet, database, GIS techniques and statistical analysis tools such as STATA, SPSS or R (Essential).
* A thorough understanding of transport related issues, including transport policy issues in London.
* Strong working knowledge of transport related research techniques.
* Proven knowledge of data analytical methodologies including:
- Data mining techniques for very large data sets.
- Predictive data modelling and statistical analysis.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis tools.
- Simulation tools and machine learning.
- How to use data to answer business questions that drive insight.
- How to scope solutions that support data science exploration.
* Advanced analytical skills including statistics, mathematics, predictive modelling, quantitative analytics, and machine learning.
* Advanced ability to analyse and interpret technical data consisting of millions of rows and draw conclusions using new analytical approaches to business questions.
* Ability to demonstrate innovative thinking.
* Ability to manage projects to budget and within time scale.
* Very good problem solving skills.
* Very good written communication and presentation skills that can be understood by technical and non-technical people.
* Well-developed influencing, negotiating, networking, collaboration and cross functional working skills.
* Strong experience in working with very large datasets to provide complex quantitative analyses (Essential).
* Strong experience of gathering, collating, analysing and publishing data in multi-media formats, for both technical and non-technical audiences (Essential).
* Experience of preparation and presentation of reports relating to transport monitoring, research and analysis.
* Experience of representing / promoting the organisation externally.
* Experience of successfully managing projects.
If you are interested and have relevant qualifications and experience, apply now and I will be in touch with you shortly.
Alternatively, contact Connah OKeeffe at Morson International for more information about this position.