Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£450.00 - £500.00 per day
about 2 months ago
My client is looking for a Data Scientist who has experience in machine vision - text processing - forecasting - data engineering and 5 years exp in writing python code with machine learning applications in real business environments.
Develop data and machine learning algorithms using data science tools. Carry out advanced statistical analysis in big data. Capture and translate requirements for effective data extraction and analysis to facilitate complex decision making in Network Rail
- Significant practical experience in descriptive / predictive modelling and visualisation methods and techniques
- Strong skills and practical experience in Machine Learning on the Cloud (Azure, GCP or Amazon) using Numpy, Scikit Learn, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch or other data mining frameworks
- Excellent programming skills using Python, R and other programming languages
- Degree or/and postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science) or equivalent experience.
- Good knowledge of SQL, data modelling and ETL transformation in relational databases
- Analytical thinking with excellent communication skills
- Master in machine learning, computer science, statistics, mathematical science, operational research or similar discipline
- Experience in Web programming and software engineering
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Analyse and translate complex business needs to data and machine learning tasks for delivery
- Develop Python code using open source frameworks to access and interrogate structured and unstructured data for analytical purposes
- Train, test and maintain machine learning models on Cloud environments to accelerate the solution development and deployment to users
- Carry out statistical and commercial analysis to answer complex business decisions
- Produce reports and use visualisation techniques to share the results of data solutions and deepen understanding across various stakeholders
- Design and develop data and analytical solutions in collaboration with users, programme managers and architects to enable and support business change
- Create and maintain project artefacts and documentation, to enable the efficient deployment of the data and machine-learning solutions to production
- Proactively look for new insights in new and existing data sources for better understanding of the business processes and how they can be improved.
- Keep up with training and development in the field of statistics and machine learning to identify innovation opportunities for the client.