£25.00 - £28.00 per hour
3 months ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit an experienced Data Protection Officer for our aerospace client based in N Wales.
The successful candidate will be supported by the Network of Single Point of Contacts (SPOCs) across the business.
To support worldwide and trans divisional Data Protection Centres of Expertise.
To be responsible for:
* Working towards compliance with applicable National and European Data Protection laws and regulations.
* Contribute to the deployment, implementation and review of Airbus Personal Data Protection policies and standards, training and audit actions.
* Monitoring correct application of Personal Data processing programs.
* Providing support to the management, the business, employees on legal & technical questions related to the protection of Personal Data & processing.
* Training and educating (Data Owners, Employees…) on Personal Data Protection matters.
* Manages risks and business impacts of European/national/international Data Protection legislation in the Country.
TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES
Support Country DPO main operational activities:
Classification process and consequences & impacts
Privacy By Design/By Default implementation
Protect compliance of Client in the UK in close cooperation with the Country DPO.
Contribute to the supervision of the correct application of Persona Data processing programs.
Identify and map all potential processing/ tools & applications/ databases containing Personal Data in accordance with national and European laws & Regulations.
Support the HO Data Protection Expert Legal/Contracts to ensure updated & compliant Airbus Master Contracts available at trans divisional level, providing the right level of protection of personal data, liaise with Procurement and Legal Departments.
Provide legal advice & recommendations, awareness/trainings on Personal Data Protection rights, obligations and responsibilities amongst Management, Businesses and Employees.
Support the creation and make live the business Network of Airbus in the Country.
Ensure and monitor in close coordination with the Network and the Country DPO if needed, the proper use of Personal Data processing programs. In particular, take appropriate measures to work towards compliance.
Contribute to the Data Protection Program by supporting the worldwide and trans divisional Centres of Expertise.
Report to the KAM Data Protection of any business risk related to Data Protection and the Country DPO of any risk related to Data Protection compliance.
Work in Multi-Functional Team with all Airbus' relevant stakeholders (Legal, Security, Procurement Departments…) in order to secure the inclusion of the Personal Data Protection requirements in all contractual documents, projects, processes…
On a risk based approach, contribute to the assessment & management of risks and business impacts of European/National/International Personal Data Protection legislations.
Support the Country DPO with incident/data breach management
Ensure a continuous legal watch on the area of expertise and adapt Company processes when needed.
Perform audits as per the audit plan agreed with the Country DPO and in coordination with the Focal Point in the Function.
Support the Country DPO in case of national Data Protection litigations raised against the Division.
Contribute to the Country DPO's yearly report for all Airbus National including subsidiaries and Joint Ventures.
Contribute to the deployment of Personal Data Protection strategy and objectives in accordance with agreed timescales.
* Legal and Privacy background - desirable
* Good communication skills - essential
* Entrepreneurial and team player - essential
* Knowledge of and experience supporting business understanding and compliance with EU data protection and privacy laws and regulations - essential but flexible on exposure had
* Experience supporting a data protection, privacy, security, legal or equivalent function directly or indirectly for a large, regulated and matrixed organization - Desirable, flexible on background & industry that they have come from
* Experience with business operations requirements identification and implementation - desirable
* Experience in supporting cross-functional teams - desirable
* Solid understanding of the EU and UK Data Protection Regulations - essential but happy to fill in any gaps with internal training
* Demonstrated experience building positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including with employees, clients, senior management, external parties/authorities and suppliers - essential, must have excellent communication skills as dealing with UK and European teams
* Strong ability to work collaboratively and partner with employees, other leaders, clients, and vendors - essential
* Demonstrated ability to work across many levels of an organisation - essential
* Demonstrated ability to work across a matrixed or virtual organisations and still meet objectives - desirable, must be able to multi-task and be used to changing priorities but flexible on background where they have gained this experience
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - desirable as per above
* Experience and demonstrated ability to present to a variety of audiences while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to use a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.
* Travel 25% (minimum) - travel both UK and European offices
* Ideally based in N Wales but will also consider Bristol as well