£400 - £450 per day
2 months ago
Our client, Europe's largest space satellite manufacturer are looking for a Data Handling Architect to work on a satellite constellation project. You must be eligible to obtain full SC security clearance (preferably already hold this). The work is concerned with in-flight considerations rather than ground systems. You must have some Space Industry experience. This is a 6 month contract initially but could be open to extension.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
As part of the system team, the Data Handling Engineer will closely work with the Satellite Avionics Architect in order to analyse the spacecraft requirements and define the associated data handling requirements.
The data handling architect will support both preliminary concepts for phase A/B projects as well as detailed design for phase C.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager, the main duties will include:
- Being Responsible for the data-handling system design : system architecture and associated trade off (link budget, data rate) to meet the expected system performance
- Data handling system requirement definition and interface definition
- Contribution to the Satellite Command and Control and FDIR strategy
- Contribution to the Satellite database definition
- Contribution to the data handling test strategy definition
- Coordination of the data handling activities within the wider Avionics activities
- Degree in engineering with electrical and software background
- Several years of experience in satellite avionics
- Being familiar with Spacewire, Milbus protocol and other data bus protocols and formatting
- Knowledge of ECSS standards for data handling (CCSDS formatting as an example)
- Experience with Requirements Management tools such as DOORS, and modelling tools will be an advantage
The position will be based at the Bristol office but up to 10% of work may need to be conducted at subcontractor's or customer premises, typically in UK or Europe.