22 days ago
Morson has an exciting opportunity for a Chinook Engineering Data Exploitation (DE) Specialist to work for a Major Aerospace Company based in Gosport, Hampshire, initially for a 6 months contract.
We are looking for a Chinook Engineering Data Exploitation (DE) Specialist to be assigned to support the UK Chinook programmes. The position is to be based in Gosport, Hampshire, working in the Data Exploitation Team (DET); the individual will report to the ILS Manager through the DE Lead.
You will undertake analysis to assess probability of arising's from undertaking Scheduled Maintenance at Depth to provide planning tools for spares and resource. You will utilise an understanding of Chinook Engineering practices to assess additional un-planned work resulting from Inspections that are part of the routine Preventive Maintenance Schedules to derive a probability matrix of arisings, by Aircraft Lot, of specific remedial work.
Activities will include:
* Conducting tasks to identify, collate, analyse, document and provide coherent and actionable data information relevant to DE and Data Analysis (including FRACAS).
* Identifying and progressing Continuous Improvement initiatives.
* Liaising with Engineering, Advanced Systems (AS), Business Information Systems (BIS), R&M, ILS, Publications, RCMA, LSA, Supply Chain and other Support Product Departments both in Clients UK and USA bases to glean data and information to support the tasks and activities.
* Supporting the implementation of technical solutions that result from the DE/DA tasking, within the Client, Standard Aero and the MoD customer domain. These may be developed in isolation or in tandem with other areas of the Client
* Supporting internal and external audits and reviews to ensure products and data information meet requirements.
You will have a working level of experience and knowledge of MoD GOLDesp system and an understanding of Relational Databases. The use of SQL, other types of DE/DA tools such as Entity Analytics and Elastic Search would be most beneficial
The successful candidate may also be called upon to support other aircraft DE/DA activity as capacity arises.
You will be expected to assist in briefing both internally and externally, including programme management, on the specific DE/DA task and potential benefits exposed during the analysis, identifying, communicating and influencing future business opportunities within the scope of the programme.
You will be expected to work under general supervision.
Education and Experience: Ideally you will have a Degree in Engineering or equivalent, but more importantly, practical experience in Chinook Maintenance and experience of Data Exploitation/Data Analytics related work. Experience with either the other rotorcraft or large aircraft is would be acceptable. Experience with UK MoD customers, and MAA MRP RA 1140 is also desirable.
Please send Cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more details