£220.00 - £270.00 per day
8 months ago
We are currently recruiting for a Data Controller based in Stratford to be the focal point in the Project Team for the orderly and diligent management of all project documentation. Supporting project and programme delivery to ensure that documents to support programme delivery are correctly transmitted, stored and retrievable. Provide advice and guidance to temporary resources that are brought in when the workload demands it.
- Facilitate the conversion of templates and forms into published electronic files required as project deliverables. Ensure these documents are correctly indexed with metadata and stored in the correct location to enable fast and efficient retrieval throughout the project's lifecycle.
- Control the orderly management, correct storage, protection, version control and indexing of information received from or disseminated to external stakeholders.
- Provide "super-user" services associated with the project document management systems including folder creation and administration of starters and leavers. Ensure that access permissions/security is correctly applied.
- Quality control all documents being placed in document management systems identifying to the document owner those documents which are unsatisfactory for any reason e.g. format or file size, legibility, incorrect template, incomplete information or signatures.
- Provide regular reports to the project team on the status of documents.
- Manage relationships both within the project team and with external suppliers.
The knowledge, skills and experience expected of the Data Controller will be as follows:
- Knowledge of and understanding of capital projects and programmes with an emphasis on Data Control/ Information Management & benchmarking and how this supports and integrates with a wider high functioning environment.
- Knowledge of basic project workflows such as drawing approval.
- A good understanding of document management systems to "super-user"/administrator level.
- A good understanding of the process and requirements for the handover of documents at project completion including operating and maintenance manuals, test certificates, and the management of "as built" drawings".
- A good level of understanding of document retention/archiving methods.
- Experience of creating, adapting and monitoring process around Data Control/ Information management in major projects and experience of implementing tools to support changes.
- Experience of data collection and analysis.
- Experience in an information management role.
***This role is working in the public sector and therefore must be set up on a PAYE or Umbrella basis. No limited companies are permitted. ***
In order to apply for the Data Controller role, please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.