Up to £22.00 per hour
4 months ago
An exciting opportunity is available for a Data Controller to become a part of large organisation. You will be responsible for maintaining Royal Navy and Royal Fleet Auxiliary ship equipment fit data within the MoD nominated Master Record Database.
Responsible for maintaining Royal Navy and Royal Fleet Auxiliary ship equipment fit data within the MoD nominated Master Record Database (MRDB), currently SSDD, application against approved drawings, specifications and other source material. The role will include engagement with the Maritime Surface Ship stakeholder community to resolve data conflicts and gaps in provision of the required source data material to meet the Configuration Status Accounting Service provision on behalf of the MoD. The role includes ensuring self-management of undertaking tasks against priorities in processing the source data material to meet customer key performance indicators.
The post Holder is accountable to the Configuration Team Leader - MRDC for the conduct of his/her duties in meeting the principle tasks and responsibilities.
The post Holder's key accountability is to ensure the data input, held and updated in the SSDD meets the requirements of KPI 2 (Priority Screening Tasks), i.e. completed within the requisite timescales.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
- Carry out screening (extract of relevant data) across a range of source material, including drawings, parts lists, specifications, design solutions, etc. and enter/update the data as required to maintain the Ship Fit Definitions on SSDD.
- Ensure all tasks both core and new tasks undertaken are conducted in accordance with the project procedures and quality plan, and look to identify efficiency improvements, issues and resolutions.
- Provide assistance to and carry out when necessary (within level of competence) activities undertaken by other Configuration Engineers.
- Undertake equipment fit verification on-board ships within UK dockyards to support configuration audits as required.
- Ensure when updating SSDD that cognisance is taken of potential impact on all SSDD data interfaces identified in Outputs and Interfaces schedule.
- Prepare process documentation and stakeholder engagement reports where required within your area of responsibility.
- Attend internal and customer meetings when required to discuss and report on progress and issues in your area of responsibility.
- Write and Update procedures & reports on the Babcock MRDC Team Sharepoint site.
- Ensure compliance with the company SHE management system, demonstrating safe behaviours and integrating SHE into all aspects of your work as a routine.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
ONC or equivalent engineering academic qualification with suitable experience in engineering
Ideally a good knowledge and experience of Ship Equipment and Systems and working with MoD Business Processes appertaining to RN Surface Ship Through-life Support. If not then someone with a desire to learn who has an understanding of engineering systems (mechanical or electrical) and using engineering drawings will be considered. Health & Safety and quality Requirements, excellent communication skills at all levels and a working knowledge of IT tools (Sharepoint and Microsoft Office)
Please note this is a LTD pay rate
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy
Data Controller; Database; Sharepoint; MS Office; Date Input;