£32000 - £34680 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
7 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services. They are currently looking for a Data Centre Shift Technician at their site in Aldermaston.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and capable individual to join our Data Centre Shift Team. This team will be providing technical support for all critical infrastructure during planned and reactive tasks to ensure sites high level of availability.
- Conduct preventative maintenance and fault diagnosis and manage the corrective action and reports or quotes required.
- Support and facilitate technical subcontractors/vendors during planned or reactive service visits and minor works while ensuring they conform to the site procedures and agreed method statements.
- Monitor, maintain, investigate and acknowledge the BMS and SCADA.
- To monitor and perform routine tests of the data centre temperatures, humidity and space conditions and ensure they are maintained and recorded in accordance with the business requirements of the infrastructure.
- Undertake daily plant walk rounds to note and proactively repair any defects and to maintain plant rooms in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- Rectify and record defects through the helpdesk to ensure SLA timeframes are always met
- Provide rapid and effective response to customer and helpdesk requirements.
- Review subcontractor competencies before work permits are authorised.
- Escalate any issue that effect the availability, health and safety and security of the site.
- Ensure compliance with Health and safety requirements.
- Adhere to all current company and Critical Engineering Management policies.
- Maintain water systems and records in accordance with L8 Legislation.
- Provide innovative solutions and recommendations to improve building, plant and system energy efficiency.
- Develop relationships with the client and assist his nominated audit teams.
- Hold a valid UK driving license.
- Critical site experience (Data centre experience desirable).
- Served a full Technical Apprenticeship and hold a technical qualification as an electrical engineer (C&G, HNC, ONC etc).
- Good knowledge of Generators, Cooling systems and UPS systems.
- Good understanding of LV distribution systems.
- HV AP15 (Desirable).
- Knowledge of CMMS (Desirable).
- L8 Certification (Desirable).
- Worked a shift pattern before (Desirable).
- Able to organise and manage own workload.
- Positive proactive attitude and can take ownership of the site.
- Aware of site critically and work risks.
- Good admin skills with Microsoft packages.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work the continental shift pattern
- Must be available for shift covers for holidays and sickness when required for opposing shifts.
- Employment is subject to DV/SC clearance.
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.