£37000 - £39000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
about 1 year ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are looking a Data Centre Shift Leader to be based in Reading, Berkshire.
- This team will be providing technical support for all critical infrastructures during planned and reactive tasks to ensure sites high level of availability.
- The facility is open 24/7 and will require bank holiday and weekend working as per a rota.
- Working as part of a rota covering Monday to Sunday between 07:00-19:00 / 19:00-07:00
- As well as a competitive salary a Shift Allowance is also provided at £3500.
- Conduct preventative maintenance and fault diagnosis and manage the corrective action and reports or quotes required.
- Support and facilitate technical subcontractors/vendors during planned or reactive service visits and minor works while ensuring they conform to the site procedures and agreed method statements.
- Responsibility of completion of work orders within the designated work windows.
- Monitor, maintain, investigate, acknowledge and adjust as deemed necessary the BMS and SCADA.
- To monitor and perform routine tests of the data centre temperatures, humidity and space conditions and ensure they are maintained and recorded in accordance with the business requirements of the infrastructure.
- Undertake daily plant walk rounds to note and proactively repair any defects and to maintain plant rooms in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- Manage, rectify and record defects through the helpdesk to ensure SLA timeframes are always met
- Provide rapid and effective response to customer and helpdesk requirements.
- Review RAMS (Risk assessment and method statements) and subcontractor competencies before work permits are authorised.
- Escalate any issue that effect the availability, health and safety and security of the site.
- Ensure compliance with Health and safety requirements.
- Adhere to all current company and Critical Engineering Management policies and procedures and to take an active approach in the continuous improvement of these procedures.
- Maintain water systems and records in accordance with L8 Legislation.
- Provide innovative solutions and recommendations to improve building, plant and system energy efficiency.
- Develop relationships with the client and assist his nominated audit teams.
- Hold a valid UK driving license.
- Critical site experience (Data Centre experience desirable).
- Served a full Technical Apprenticeship and hold a technical qualification as an electrical engineer (C&G, HNC, ONC etc).
- Good knowledge of Generators, Cooling systems and UPS systems.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Good understanding of LV distribution systems.
- HV AP15 (Desirable).
- Knowledge of CMMS (Desirable).
- L8 Certification (Desirable).
- Worked a shift pattern before (Desirable).
- Able to organise and manage own workload.
- Positive proactive attitude and can take ownership of the site.
- Aware of site critically and work risks.
- Good admin skills with Microsoft packages.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ideally be security cleared to DV or meet all minimum criteria to apply for and pass security clearance procedures
- To undertake all duties & responsibilities, including all relevant training and medicals
- Private health care after 6 months
- 22 days annual leave
- Pension auto enrol
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.