Our Client Scottish Power are currently recruiting for a Data Analyst/Scientist to join their team based in Glasgow on an initial contract basis. They are looking for a candidate with project management experience and a strong data background.
Role: Data Analyst/Scientist
Company: Scottish Power
Duration: 12 months +
Rate: Market Related
The key objective of the data analyst/scientist is to support strategic and operational decision making in order to create value and drive out costs by leveraging the value inherent in our organisation’s data.
They will be expected to
- Explore and visualize the data to present the ‘story’ of the data in a meaningful way, and to a range of technical and non-technical audiences
- Manage projects to investigate alternative Historian systems, and the eventual tender process for the replacement system
- Assist in sourcing, accessing and manipulating data
- Assist with advanced analytics on data using statistical, descriptive and machine learning techniques
- Use data to aid simplification of internal processes
- Effectively present outcomes to stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be collaborating with business stakeholders to understand business problems and asking the right questions from which to exploit data.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Educated to degree level qualification in Data Science/ Analytics, Computer Systems, Mathematical or related scientific discipline
- Experience in data analysis
- Experience of managing relationships across functions
- Experience in data presentation / visualisation tools (e.g. PowerBI, ArcGIS Online)
- Experience in data query languages, particularly, SQL, Python, R
- Understanding of the principles of statistical analysis and machine learning techniques
- Planning and Project Management including timelines, risks and dependencies and resource planning of various business wide projects
- Ability to use various software solutions to carry out data analysis and create reports including but not limited to Python, R, and Oracle
- Ability to effectively present outputs in an appropriate way for the given audience using visualisation / reporting software e.g. PowerBI, ArcGIS Online
- Proven project management skills and experience
- Proven relationship management skills,
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management ability
- Educated to degree level in a science or relevant numeric discipline.