Up to £365.00 per day
about 1 month ago
Data Analyst (T-SQL, PL/SQL,SSIS,SSRS)
Location - Bristol
Duration - 6 Months
Rate - £365.00 per day
Our Bristol based client has an opportunity for a Data Analyst to join their team on an initial 6 month contract basis.
Key Technical Skills / Experience:
* Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
* Experience of developing and supporting :
* Familiarity with source control systems TFS
* Familiarity with integration tools Microsoft Biztalk, Netweaver, SSIS, Pentaho
* Has worked in a challenging and complex organisation.
* Resolution of technical application issues and problems with the operational teams
* Good working knowledge of different application technologies and configuration
* Familiar with high availability environments, systems and technologies
* Understanding the alignment between technical applications and business requirements / needs
* Experience of working with an application suite covering both in-house (bespoke) and COTs products
* Background of operating in Highly Regulated and / or Defence Industry (Desirable)
* Experience of working with High Availability and Critical Systems (Desirable)
Major Activities / Accountabilities:
* Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
* Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
* Acquire data from multiple data sources and maintain databases/data systems
* Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
* Filter and "clean" data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
* Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
* Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
* Support the development and management of applications, and configuration of the relevant installations, to ensure continuous service
* Adherence to process and procedures to ensure document configuration management, modification management, build management, version controls, and gate review documentation
* Provide 3rd line support for applications. Resolution of issues to a permanent fix
* Provide SME input to ensure applications are optimised and monitored for availability, capacity and performance
* Operate as part of SCRUM team
* Assist in maintaining the product backlog
* Ensure the controlled configuration of applications
* Follow processes and best practice to ensure configuration and development of solutions are testable and traceable.
* Identify new ways to exploit functionality in applications in accordance with the application roadmap
* Ensure any changes are agreed with the stakeholder community and align with the IT strategy
* Provide consistent application and systems documentation through all of the application lifecycle.
Interested? - Hit Apply.