£350.00 - £450.00 per day
13 days ago
A large infrastructure organisation based near Haydock are undergoing a period of significant transformation within their finance function and are looking for an experienced Data Migration Analyst to provide full data analysis and migration of the financial information from the legacy system to an upgraded Dynamics 365.
The transformation will affect every facet of the finance function and in addition to the system upgrade, there is a re-configuration of the finance shared service centre and a rewrite of financial processes. Critical to all of this is the data itself and there are roles for two Data Migration Analyst's to look at all of the transactional data created by the old system, batch, cleanse and ratify it before migrating it into the new system, utilising version control and other governance techniques.
Take responsibility for the results of any data cleansing, extraction and transformation activities - (i.e. cleansing, duplication, harmonisation, business rules for transformation, etc.)
Provide guidance on what is an acceptable level of data quality in respect of financial/operational impact
Help to formulate appropriate data validation checks
Use financial knowledge to challenge anomalies in data
- A recognised accounting qualification or qualified by experience
- Knowledge of data migration and quality control techniques
- Have several years experience of working in a traditional finance role
- Recent hands-on involvement in a data migration process within a large multi-site business
- Experience of working as part of a wider ERP implementation team, preferably in relation to a Tier-1 ERP system e.g. SAP, MS Dynamics or Oracle