Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£350.00 - £400.00 per day
5 months ago
Technical, Migration, Consultant, Architect, AWS, Cloud, Operations, Escalation
Technical Migration Consultant
- The Migration Consultant is responsible for technical authority, lead migration engineer, customer engagement and liaising with project teams to deliver solutions for internal and customer focused migrations to existing on premise and cloud platforms.
- It is expected that the role will also include following & amending design, setup and deployment of solutions, handover to operational teams, migration and transitional services, end-to-end consultation and to be the subject matter expert in the relevant domains.
- Lead the migration to cloud & on-prem solutions to meet customer requirements (85 servers to be initially migrated to AWS)
- Align solutions to any regulations that need to be observed including DB Group regulations
- Lead the implementation of migration solutions & be technical authority
- Participate in non-functional testing, particularly around business resiliency
- Engage with suppliers to solve business and technical problems on their platform and with their ecosystem
- Educate customers on new environments and changes which they are to expect and offer advise on how to communicate effectively the impact within their organisation.
- Understand and produce (when necessary) technical designs ranging from high level frameworks down to low level component
* Exposure to public cloud environments
* Understanding the impact of migrations and effect on systems
* Familiarity of disaster recovery and backup process
* Migrations to cloud environments