Cybersecurity Software Engineer (Avionics)
We are looking for a high-calibre cybersecurity software engineer, with experience working in an Avionics and embedded domain, to join the Flight Avionics Unit at what is an exciting time.
The successful applicant will be working primarily in the commercial fixed wing environment, specifying and implementing software security mechanisms for airborne satellite communication systems.
- DO-326/ED-202 & DO-356/ED-203 for airworthiness security
- Secure application techniques e.g. access control, data at rest encryption, authentication mechanisms.
- Avionics development experience
- Operating system hardening
- DO-178C/ED-12C level D
- Use of Static Application Security Testing (SAST) tools
- Real time Linux targets
- Use of configuration management and change management tools e.g. Jira, GIT, BitBucket
- Full software development lifecycle experience
- ANSI C
- As part of a team, undertake the specification, design, implementation, test and integration of software in line with company processes and to required security standards
- Development of security case to demonstrate
- As part of a team, accurately define and estimate required effort for tasks
- Contribute to successfully meeting project and product deliverables within schedule and to budget
- Work closely with the Systems level Cybersecurity engineer to decompose the cybersecurity requirements allocated to software.
- Work closely with the SwARC and software development team to guide them through the process of implementing the cybersecurity requirements such that the development is compliant with the objectives of DO-326/356.
- Work closely with Systems engineering IVVQ teams to ensure traceable verification and validation of software and system requirements
- Share knowledge across the function and projects
- Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum)