3 months ago
Security Consultant, Cyber Security, Information Security, Risk Assessment, Risk Management, Vulnerability, Server Systems, Database System Security, IT Operations, Security Clearance, SC Clearance
We currently have a permanent position for a Security Consultant to work with our large client based in Reading. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to develop and take a step into Cyber Security with our client expanding their IA team with the need for a technical Security Consultant.
Due to the secure nature of our client's project, the successful candidate must either hold valid SC Clearance or be willing to undergo prior to the commencement of the project.
The purpose of this role is to provide business driven, cost effective advice on the management of security and information risk consistent with HMG IA policy or other sector specific guidance:
- To provide a focal point for resolution of security and information risk matters
- To identify, analyse and evaluate information risks
- To explain to risk owners and other stakeholders the causes, likelihood and potential business impacts of information risks throughout the information system life cycle
- To assist checking compliance with applicable regulations, standards, policies and guidance on information risk management
- To present risk management options to the business
- To support the development of appropriate and proportionate documentation to inform risk management decisions, ensuring these are expressed in terms meaningful to the business.
- To investigate security incidents and opportunities for Forensic Readiness process improvements
- To ensure security awareness is formally promoted, understood and effective
- To seek further cyber security opportunities whilst on customer assignment
- To provide regular threat guidance
- Any degree within Computer Science or Cyber Security would be of advantage
For further information on the company and the role, please apply now by sending an up to date copy of your CV and contact details.
The IT Division of Morson International has an excellent track record in the supply of IT skills across the full IT lifecycle. We have consistently supplied quality IT recruitment solutions whilst developing mutually beneficial, long term client relationships.