Hollywood, Broward County, Florida, USA
US$90000.00 - US$100000.00 per annum + benefits
about 1 month ago
***AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN A LEADING PROVIDER OF SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS TO THE MARITIME INDUSTRY***
Did you know the Cruise industry is projecting significant growth over the next 10 years including a 30% increase in capacity and $56B in construction of new ships? Did you ever wonder how the cruising industry manages all of their assets, new and old? As a market leader in fleet management software and services, my client plays a pivotal role in helping the cruise lines manage those assets. We develop, deliver and support innovative software solutions and services that make it easier for cruise lines to manage their assets more efficiently and safely.
Our market leadership doesn't come from technology alone, it starts with our dedicated Team Members and we are looking to grow our team! Look no further if you want to work for an innovative, market leading company that offers opportunities to grow your career and an opportunity to impact a key business in the world today.
My client is a leader in Maritime Management Software, and we are seeking a Customer Support consultant to join their team based in Hollywood, Florida.
The Customer Support Consultant role involves the timely response and resolution of support requests received from the Cruise client base. The Support Consultant is expected to work in partnership with clients, resolving trouble tickets and advising them how to use my client products in order to meet their business objectives and overcome any problems. The Customer Support Consultant should possess a clear understanding of functionality for multiple supported products and/or applications and of the practical business processes customers use when implementing and operating the supported products.
The development of strong and intimate relationships with customers is crucial in order to ensure that the support delivered is derived as adding value to the customer and reflected in their ongoing acceptance of payment of annual maintenance fees.
Reporting directly to the Client Services Manager the Customer Support Consultant will be required to work closely with the global Cruise Service Delivery team and my client's other VBU's to offer constructive feedback in improving the processes with a focus on delivering better support to its customers and improving customer attrition rate.
The primary responsibility of the Customer Support Consultant is the provision of support and assistance to my clients customers, resolving faults and answering queries. Involvement in customer training activities and other consultancy is largely dependent upon the business need at the time, skill set of the individual or training programme schedule.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the first tier technical support via support desk (internet), email and phone to customers
- Meeting customer satisfaction targets and mitigating attrition.
- The Support Consultant is responsible for ensuring that the call has been correctly logged into the help desk system and answered in accordance with company procedures. This may involve interaction with other groups within the Cruise organisation or other VBU's.
- Using existing skills and knowledge to find resolution to customer Incidents as efficiently as possible
- Ensures that requests are handled according to agreed SLA procedures, supplying all necessary diagnostic information. Uses judgement to set priority for resolution, monitor progress and apply escalation procedures for problems not progressing satisfactorily
- Provides detailed advice and guidance to customers in the effective use of systems, products and services available to them demonstrates ingenuity in applying knowledge to non-standard situations
- Within a broad area of competence, investigates issues and other requests for support and determines appropriate actions to take.
- Liaises with Service Delivery on the development of system enhancements to overcome known defects or further fulfil user requirements (Change Requests)
- Monitors progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed. Takes corrective action to avoid or minimize delays
- Resolve each issue within the contract SLA. Where support is deemed chargeable, to ensure that the correct procedure is carried out and the Client Services Manager informed.
- Performing on-site visits where required (implementation, training, trouble-shooting)
- Creation of Bespoke Documentation for both internal and/or external use
- Provision of Standard or Bespoke Training courses (on-site or off-site)
- System Quality Assurance Testing (i.e. patch testing, upgrade testing, etc
- Provide pro-active problem management by checking manufacturer web sites, product updates, testing and producing Knowledge Base Articles, Bulletins and beta release of our products
- Strictly comply with the company policies
- Strictly comply with the communication protocol as per reporting line
Required Skills / attributes:
- Passion for delivering excellence in customer services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills English is mandatory and other languages is desirable
- Demonstrate a general understanding of architecture and infrastructure for client software as well as any peripheral products
- Knowledge of Information systems/Technology
- Systems (Networks and network protocols TCP / IP), Hardware, Operating Systems
- Relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase Adaptive Server Anyware, Oracle)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer management skills
Good to have, but not essential
- Knowledge of Programming Languages (.NET, C++, etc)
- Knowledge of PowerBuilder development tools
- Knowledge of SQL
- A basic knowledge/understanding of maritime business processes
- Recruiter Interview/Screening
- Final interview
For more information please contact Tom Glover at Morson International