Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £11.37 per hour + Inclusive of holiday pay
4 months ago
Our client a charity who look after and bring to life 2,000 miles of waterways across England and Wales, because they believe that life is better by water. Are currently looking for a Customer Support Administrator for an initial 11 month contract to be based out of their office in Birmingham.
The role of Customer Support Administrator is to deliver excellence in customer service and support for customers, dealing with face to face enquiries, on the phone and in written communication
and providing general administration and financial support to the waterway.
- Part of the front of house team. Flexibility across our Birmingham offices will be required.
- Reception duties at Cambrian and our joint venture destination at the Roundhouse on occasions..
- Administration support to the management team including meeting organisation, taking minutes at meetings etc.
- Ensuring that all enquiries are managed in a friendly, helpful, professional and conscientious way via email, telephone calls and face to face.
- Produce accurate and timely communication for our customers for example, through telephone calls, notice boards, post, email, social media and our website.
- Coordinate the organisation of events and functions within the waterway, for both internal and external customers.
- Cash handling for licences, electric cards, laundry and lockages.
- Provide administration services for the Region including managing the post, booking meetings, organisation of occupational health visits, training, building management and equipment servicing.
- Produce accurate and clearly presented reports that support the needs of the business.
- Maintain accurate and well organised systems of records that are easily retrievable.
- Use SAP to provide financial and administration services to the waterway, to ensure effective ordering of materials and supplies, to work with notifications and other financial processes.
- Provide support to ensure the effective running of welcome stations around the waterway.
- Display the Trust values and behaviours at all times.
- Ensure that diversity and inclusion are integrated into all aspects of Trust life and promote inclusion by challenging behaviour, practices, actions, or decisions that are counter to the objectives of the Trust's policies and values.
- A high standard of written English is required together with competency in use of email and Microsoft Office packages.
- Experience in an office environment is essential.
Skills,knowledge & experience:
- NVQ Level 2 Business Administration.
- GSCE in Maths and English.
- Some knowledge of working safely.
- Some budget management experience.
- Some experience in SAP.
- Proven experience in a customer service area, providing "front of house" services.
- Proven experience of administration.
- Some experience of working as or with volunteer(s).
- Communication skills that allow you to inform, help and advise customers clearly and professionally and liaise with other professionals.
- Ability to deal with difficult and potentially confrontational situations.
- Confident in the use of the MS Office word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy, when addressing customer enquiries
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good personal presentation, especially when working with customers face to face.