Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £8.21 per hour
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
Job Title - Customer Services Assistant (Security & Mobility)
Location - Manchester
Rates - £8.21 per hour (PAYE) increasing to £11.04 per hour after 3 months
Nights: 2200-0700 weekdays
1900-0700 weekend nights
0700-1430 early turn
1430-2200 late turn
Weekend hours 0700-1900
My client is looking to employ a total of five Customer Service Assistant in the Manchester Area to assist with customer enquiries. The successful candidate will be the point of contact at the Customer Information Point and provide mobility assistant (helping customers that require assistance getting on and off the trains).
What you will do:
* Provide a highly visible point of contact for station users providing customer service to all, including visitors, contractors, retailers, TOC's and customers travelling throughout the station.
* Undertake regular station checks including contractor compliance, security, safety and equipment in accordance with relevant company standards and procedures, completing the relevant paperwork for audit purposes.
* Respond to and record emergencies and incidents involving the general public and industry partners, as required.
* Provide a point of contact for the reporting of faults within the station, maintaining appropriate records, reviewing and closing actions as required.
* Actively assist and provide information to customers travelling throughout the station.
* Check contractors have relevant risk assessments and method statements prior to issuing Permit to Work.
* In liaison with customers, external authorities and regulators, implement plans to prevent and manage criminal activity on the station, including discouraging and preventing unauthorised persons from entering or remaining on the station.
* Provide a proactive role in dealing with hazards or unsafe conditions, checking that all such occurrences are reported correctly.
* Fulfil allocated duties as prescribed within Emergency Plans.
Your experience will include:
* Command of English language, both written and oral
* Experience of working in a customer facing environment
* Confidence to deal with different types of situations assertively
* Experience of working effectively as part of a team
* This role involves a substantial amount of manual handling.