Up to £9.00 per hour
16 days ago
Customer Services Administrator; Portsmouth; 29 hours per week; Contract 12 months; £9.00/hr PAYE plus hols
The Visitor Reception Centre for our client BAE Systems is located at Trafalgar Gate in Portsmouth Naval Base.
They are primarily responsible for processing passes for Visitors to the Naval Base and they deal with a variety of visitors including Ministry of Defence, Royal Navy and BAE visitors from other sites and members of the public - including those who are lost and usually looking for the Continental Ferry Port or HMS Warrior and HMS Victory.
They also process Task Packs to ensure that any Contractors working on site for BAE are working safely and securely.
Working from three locations at present, Unicorn Gate, the Main Office located just inside Trafalgar Gate and a Portacabin nearby. This vacancy is shared between the three locations. The main office can be very busy particularly on Mondays and early mornings.
They are open 6.00am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday working a 37 hour week, covered by a 3 shift pattern. We are also open on Saturday between 7.00am - 12.00pm, but this is overtime and is rostered.
* Process temporary personal ID passes, ensuring relevant checks are carried out and that processes are strictly adhered to.
* Greet visitors in a friendly, polite and professional manner.
* Process requests received by e-mail, telephone and in person.
* Assist with agency on-boarding and induction service.
* Assist with process confirmations and briefings to the business.
* Record and maintain work related stats and reports to agreed deadlines.
* Support Team Leader and carry out other tasks and projects as directed by Supervisor/Team Leader
* Carry out face to face T Card Brief/Issue on-line induction link as appropriate
* Print/Issue T Cards.
* Process Contractor Task Packs in accordance with current desk instructions
* Contribute ideas for process improvements and amendments to desk instructions
* Investigate and solve customer queries. Alert Manager to potential problems or customer dissatisfaction.
* Book Chaperone requests via Excel database and Outlook
Skills and Qualifications:
* Confident driver with clean driving licence (not necessary but desirable).
* Strong administrative, clerical and customer service experience.
* PC literate, with previous MS Office experience.
* Able to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy.
* Able to resolve problems or situations encountered & flag up those out of the ordinary or requiring assistance and/or authority from others.
* Able to maintain accurate records and provide management information.
* Capable of working under pressure and delivering against tight deadlines.
* Able to prioritise own work and meet objectives/deadlines.
* Experience of Service Delivery
* Flexible 'Can Do' attitude
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy