3 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Senior Customer Service Specialist on behalf of our client based in Cheadle, near Stockport. General duties as follows;
- Receive & input customer orders via email, files & issue related order acknowledgement with all relevant information customer may need (e.g. product availability, eventual delivery time, material status).
- Be the primary escalation point for customer deliveries/logistics issues.
- Contact customer in case request is not clear/ complete to gather additional information.
- Coordinate & check with sales & pricing team in case of specific conditions & with finance (cash collection team) in case of credit limit hold.
- Liaise with the different Supply Chain entities: Plant, Finished Goods Planning team, warehousing and participate in Tier meeting of the Plant (daily/weekly).
- Provide forecast (Short term) for the 2 OES customers to SIOP lead, liaising with sales.
- Provide metrics related to shipment performance on a weekly / monthly basis.
- Inform supply department of any 'special' order & negotiate, request delivery time when needed.
- Coordinate shipment process.
- Create collective delivery & give relevant information / instructions to the warehouse for order preparation in full compliance with internal policy & applicable legislation & customer agreed specifications.
- Once orders are ready for shipment, coordinate shipment organisation with local warehouse teams & inform customers accordingly.
- Backorder management: Proactively follow up on backlog, getting delivery times, updating material status, negotiating shipments with customers to ensure order book accuracy, Inform customer accordingly.
- Claims and Returns Management & follow up - Coordinate internally & with customers claims management to ensure correct & efficient handling of claims.
- Ensure follow up on activity with sales.
- Coordinate closely & communicate with sales team to ensure continuity in service to customers & continuous improvement.
- Coordinate also with other functions such as Marketing, Finance (credit analyst), SC, Quality to answer/ forward customer requests.
- Report incident & issues to management and propose eventual solution. Keep sales informed of important points. Be proactive in problem solving.
* Good computer skills (MS Office advanced skills and SAP).
* Highly motivated and enjoys working to tight deadlines.
* Good communicator - with internal and external parties at all business levels.
* Able to travel to visit customers and suppliers or attend meetings.
* Flexible and willing to meet the needs of the business.
* Knowledge of Incoterms is an asset.
* Bachelor degree or equal through experience
* 1-2 years' experience in a commercial environment
* Knowledge of MRP
* Supply Chain experience
Pay rate - £15 p/h PAYE
Role is expected to last up to 6 months initially.