Manchester, Greater Manchester
£7.83 - £8.92 per hour
Rail Technical Team
5 months ago
You'll play a key role in the smooth day to day running of a busy train station. It's a highly visible job, in which you'll be a friendly and informed representative of the British railway. Customers will look to you for accurate and timely information about services. Working closely with our partners, the Train Operating Companies (TOCs), we'll expect you to ensure trains depart the city's largest and busiest stations safely and on time.
In fact, you'll help to make sure everyone who uses the station does so safely and responsibly. That can include managing some challenging situations. Even when customers might be frustrated due to delays or disruption, you'll continue to provide excellent customer service. Whatever the weather, whatever your shift, your enthusiasm will shine brightly. And because stations are a fast-paced environment, you'll relish the challenge of thinking on your feet.
* The ability to speak and write English fluently
* Experience of working in a customer-facing service environment
* Experience of working as part of a team
* Confident about dealing assertively with all kinds of situations
* Willing and able to work shift patterns, which may include unsociable hours and bank holidays
* Meet the required benchmark for application screening questions
* Must meet required online testing benchmark
* Reasonable level of general fitness including being able to stand or walk for prolonged periods
* Strong attention to detail and observation skills