£7.87 - £7877 per hour
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
Job Title - Customer Services Assistant
Location - Edinburgh
Rates - £7.87 per hour (PAYE) increasing to £11.04 per hour after 3 months
This role comprises of shifts including day shifts of 12 hours and the following night shifts:
2200-0600hrs, or 2300-0700hrs, weekdays, weekends 1900-0700hrs
In Scope of IR35
My client is looking to employ a Customer Service Assistant in the Edinburgh area to assist with customer enquiries. The successful candidate will be the point of contact at the Customer Information Point and provide assist to all customers
What you will do:
Working as a Customer Service Assistant in Edinburgh Waverley Station. The role will include night shifts 7 hours and day shifts 12 hours. 35-hour week.
- Driving passengers in a buggy assisting with mobility
- Security & patrol of the station
- Provide a highly visible point of contact for station users providing customer service to all, including visitors, contractors, retailers, TOC's and customers travelling throughout the station.
- Undertake regular station checks including contractor compliance, security, safety and equipment in accordance with relevant company standards and procedures, completing the relevant paperwork for audit purposes.
- Respond to and record emergencies and incidents involving the general public and industry partners, as required.
- Provide a point of contact for the reporting of faults within the station, maintaining appropriate records, reviewing and closing actions as required.
- Actively assist and provide information to customers travelling throughout the station.
- Check contractors have relevant risk assessments and method statements prior to issuing Permit to Work.
- In liaison with customers, external authorities and regulators, implement plans to prevent and manage criminal activity on the station, including discouraging and preventing unauthorised persons from entering or remaining on the station.
- Provide a proactive role in dealing with hazards or unsafe conditions, checking that all such occurrences are reported correctly.
- Fulfil allocated duties as prescribed within Emergency Plans.
Your experience will include:
- Command of English language, both written and oral
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment
- Confidence to deal with different types of situations assertively
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team
- This role involves a substantial amount of manual handling.
- Good communication skills
- Security background desirable