5 months ago
Our prestigious client based in Luton are looking for a Customer Service Assistant to join their expanding team.
Scope of Responsibility and Tasks:
* Provide an effective communication channel between the customer and the business.
* Process all sales orders from receipt of order to final invoicing on dispatch.
Specific Key Activities:
* Ability to proactively review and process all sales orders, including scheduled, forward/backorders etc., with agreed price, delivery and commercial terms including producing all relevant export documents, invoices and packing lists.
* Where applicable, obtain and verify freight quotes for air, sea and land from authorised freight forwarders.
* Co-ordinate with internal departments such as Purchasing, Quality Control, Accounts etc. and external shipping companies as necessary, ensuring SLA's are maintained.
* Review and present documents to bank in accordance with letters of credit requirements. Liaise with bank and customer as necessary to obtain payment.
* Organise samples, returns, prepare necessary paperwork, update computer, arrange collection where required, liaise with Quality Control and obtain relevant authorisation for resulting credit note/replacement, and complete credit note.
* Ensure all complaints are dealt with effectively and quickly, and where applicable, feedback to customers the resolution of any issues and or concerns.
* Resolve all sales order enquiries, queries, such as price issues, deliveries, stock availability, short shipments, PODs etc.
* Proactive Management of all incoming telephone calls, ensuring all calls are dealt with efficiently to meet customer's needs.
* Proactive Management of all incoming customer order placement emails and faxes, ensuring all requirements are dealt with efficiently to meet customer's needs.
* Support and assist Sales Managers on their day to day administrative tasks.
* Adhere to ongoing Customer Service Excellence programme as directed by line Manager.