£32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
5 months ago
Customer Quality Control Engineer
- Purpose of the role
Work alongside the project team to advise and implement customer required quality requirements. This will involve working with the manufacturing team as well as the supply chain to ensure customer quality flow downs are implemented, monitored and controlled.
- Key responsibilities and tasks
- Understand Customer Quality requirements and ensure processes are in place both internally and at suppliers ensuring conformance
- Monitor and control processes and documentation to ensure customer flow down requirements are met
- Drive product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management and customer reporting
- Oversee the maintenance and distribution of all documents and record retention policies
- Manage Quality escapes and Customer investigations.
- Writing, revise and review standard operating procedures to include Manufacturing Inspection and Test Plans (Quality Manual, SOP, work instructions, forms, drawings, customer specifications) to ensure compliance, accuracy, efficiency and clarity
- Attend project launch meetings to review and advise department on the customer QA requirements.
- Recommend, implement and direct others to modify operational methods and practices along with overall strategy to enhance department effectiveness
- Create and control procedures as it pertains to any new processes planned or implemented
- Assist as needed in the Change Notification process as it pertains to documentation updates
- Participate as needed in corrective/preventive actions items and their investigations
- Interact with all levels, team members, and all departments
- General activities
- Working and/or visiting various sites, as required, for short periods, which may involve absence from home.
- Maintaining a continuous professional development to ensure knowledge is up to date.
- Carrying out any other ad-hoc duties as required to support the needs of the business.
Qualifications, experience and skills
· Experience and knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 as it pertains to document and record control
· Strong customer management skills
· Demonstrate knowledge of document control and organisational skills
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
· Attention to detail, integrity and organization, communication, and interpersonal, clerical and computer skills
· A detail-oriented multitasker with the ability to manage deliverables and handle multiple projects at the same time.
· Strong verbal communication, technical writing, and process improvement skills
· Experience of working within a military / defence environment.
· Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of Quality Assurance, manufacturing, distribution and environmental systems
· Personal certifications in Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Lean, Six Sigma, Green Belt are a plus.
· Quality inspection and internal auditing experience is a plus
· Knowledge of Safety and Environments requirements is a plus