£75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + Bonus, Car, private medical
25 days ago
Customer and Insights Director - Logistics Property
This is essentially a remote position with circa 3-6 days in the office per month. Office location: Birmingham
Salary is highly competitive, enhanced with a 30% bonus, car allowance, share plan, family medical and pension
Our client is an expert property developer, FTSE 250 with a £1bn+ portfolio and extensive commercial development pipeline focused primarily on industrial and logistics space. As one of the UK's most active developers of speculative logistics buildings, they have an excellent track record of delivering value for customers, occupiers, landowners and communities and create new and sustainable solutions that benefit those involved.
To lead the Customer and Insight team in the development and implementation of a compelling customer and market strategy through;
- Understanding customer needs, market trends and market influences
- Developing and leading on a customer engagement and relationship strategy
- Developing End to end Customer Experience excellence
The person will lead the Logistics marketing team setting strategies for promoting the brand and securing leasing success, ensuring that decisions are grounded in data and activity is analysed and evaluated to decision making going forward.
Overall creating competitive advantage and driving value for the business by representing the voice of the customer as a member of the BU Board.
Key accountabilities can be found below.
This is a high profile role which is felt to be pivotal in establishing and maintaining excellent customer relationships and meeting both corporate goals and ethical responsibilities. The ability to know and service the client in a way that helps them to achieve their objectives provides the competitive advantage in a busy property industry and you must therefore have the strategic acumen to identify the appropriate areas in which to drive focus and budget
- Significant experience at a senior level in a Leadership capacity in a Customer and Insight role
- Significant experience of developing and implementing market leading customer strategy and leading on brand development with experience of devising and implementing marketing strategies.
- Strong track record of leading teams.
- Demonstrable experience of operational delivery including: leading, improving and managing both individual, team and business performance; Building effective business cases and managing
- Strong analytical ability with proven track record of integrating data from disparate sources to generate effective insights.
- Demonstrable use of insight to deliver commercial advantage
- Proven aptitude for upholding equal opportunities and inclusion in the workplace .
This is a high-profile role, sitting on the Logistics Business Unit board with the opportunity to proactively contribute to the overall development of the BU strategy.
This is a highly profitable FTSE 250 business fortunate to be operating in a field particularly resilient to current economic challenges. Similarly they are a responsible business with ambitious goals to make a sustained difference to society and the environment such as net carbon reduction; biodiversity and sustainable environments together with a leadership team and employee population which very much lives the values rooted into their culture.
- Use data and market evidence to deliver customer and market strategy
- Develop the Marketing and Customer Experience Strategy and supporting long and medium-term customer experience plans.
- Act as the 'voice of the customer' to ensure that leadership team understand and consider the customer perspective at the front end of decision making and are attuned to evolving customer wants, needs and perspectives.
Customer Insight and Brand Development
- Define the end to end customer journey to achieve the customer experience vision including key milestones and measures of success.
- Review all customer 'touch-points' and work with all areas of the business to optimise and leverage the brand in all areas of contact with customers.
- Establish Customer segmentation to inform the customer proposition (including product development) and marketing activity
- Establish the business as a trusted brand that stands out from the competition for its purpose, values and quality product, building on the brand architecture work already in progress.
- Lead the management of customer knowledge through the generation, analysis and modelling of key customer information and data derived from multiple sources, including internal customer data, third party research, market evaluation and competitor intelligence etc.
- Using data, insight and market intelligence provide leadership and support in understanding micro and macro locations from a customer, capital and supply perspective
- Overall accountability for ensuring the development and implementation of the marketing strategy.
- Develop and establish an analytical framework to assess the effectiveness of ongoing marketing activity and enhance through reporting and recommendation.
- Lead the Marketing team in determining and managing the Marketing budget ensuring that return on investment is considered in all Marketing spend decisions.
- Develop a business-wide culture that is dedicated to the customer experience
- Work closely with other areas of the business to ensure systems and frameworks are in place to deliver a seamless overall relationship with customers and an exceptional customer experience.
- Ensure that relationships are developed within local communities, to promote and ensure the positive reception of the brand.