£0.00 - £40 per hour
8 months ago
CS&A Senior Technician
This role is to replace a Revit Designer therefore this experience is essential.
To be part of a multidisciplinary team undertaking preliminary design of nuclear facilities. The design responsibility will include decommissioning and new build projects. The projects undertaken will principally be in relation to building fabric, structures and infrastructure associated with process, CE&I and mechanical handling equipment.
To contribute to the development of the CS&A capability within CNL.
To contribute to the architectural aspect of CS&A.
To contribute to the modelling performance within CNL.
The individual will be able to demonstrate an understanding of BIM and will have an in depth experience in the implementation of this technology.
The individual will be able to carry out architectural tasks such as planning and detailing.
The individual will need to be able to manage their own outputs and develop their own programmes to suit the business requirements and guidelines provided.
This is a senior post and the suitable individual will be able to meet and negotiate with clients, project stake holders, management and multidisciplinary design teams.
The individual will demonstrate a clear understanding of, and experience in, the use of Revit. Ideally, skills would include family creation, nested families, project parameters, shared parameters, automatic management of these features The suitable person will have a high level of communication skills and work with limited supervision.
The individual must to be able to support and the CNL process of Design Coordination and Collaboration.
The individual must have a proven record of delivering design / detailing solutions/ The individual will be prepared and able to embrace and contribute to an innovative approach to design and construction.
The individual will have a good understanding of fire safety legislation and have a positive approach to good practice design to ensure fire safety.
The individual will be comfortable in the use of Navisworks coordination software
Key Areas for the role
* Producing, reviewing, verifying and checking technical proposals.
* Contributing to the multidisciplinary design coordination process.
* EnEnsure that Design Coordination is utilised to promote a "right first time" project delivery.
* Assessing and promoting approaches where innovation can be used to deliver project economies.
* Ensuring that Collaboration and technical solutions take full cognisance of all relevant requirements such as security, legislation and the principles of CDM.
* Safety is of paramount importance in the nuclear industry and all employees must take full account of this.
* Security is of high importance in the nuclear industry and all employees must manage this criteria effectively and take account of ONR guidance. Guidance will be given within the CS&A team.
* Feeding back lessons learnt for use on other projects and constantly reviewing the project delivery.
* Supporting senior engineers / technical specialists within a multi discipline teams and assisting the development of the collaborative working environment for the project.
* Ensuring that adequate Reviewing, Verifying and Approval is undertaken on all deliverables.
* Representing CNL to our to our customers, regulatory and external bodies to the highest standards at all times.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
* Demonstrate a suitable level of successful experience.
* Member of a chartered body or of senior level of experience to demonstrate equivalence in terms of competence.
* Experience in the nuclear industry or other safety or regulated industry preferred.
Tasks & Responsibilities within the CS&A Function:
* Preparing the designs of varying complexity, including relevant sketches, models and associated data, reports and other required engineering documentation.
* The suitable applicant will have a flexible approach to work requirements and will be prepared to contribute to the business in any way that may be deemed appropriate and within their skillset.
* Reviewing industry best practice for implementation of Digital Engineering and keeping up to date with all new developments.
* Carry out reviews or specific checks of other engineers' work to provide Verification.
* Accurately report on a periodic basis, specified by the Technical Lead on a project, the estimate to complete their assigned task.
* Working with junior members of staff to support their training and development through identifying opportunities, mentoring and support on tasks.
* Working with others in the CS&A team to contribute to the high level Digital Engineering strategy for Cavendish Nuclear.
* Consider, act upon and record health, safety and environment issues at all stages of the design process.