Are you an experienced Design Manager? Do you want to work for a company that is demonstrating sustained periods of growth, along with having a solid order book of work following a major framework win? Do you want to work for a company that offers autonomy, along with the freedom to develop in your career? Then Vital want to speak to you.
Vital resources are currently working with a reputable and well established Rail and Groundworks contractor to assist them in their search for a new Design Manager. Our client is looking for someone who can demonstrate a background in rail and infrastructure projects.
As an experienced Design Manager your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Oversee design progress against schedule and budget.
- Implement corrective measures for identified distractions or issues.
- Review, negotiate and recommend for approval/disapproval on design change orders.
- Formal liaison with, and progress reporting to, Design, Business Development, Estimating, Planning, Operational and Commercial functions at each business location as appropriate
- Administer design subcontract including processing monthly invoices for payment.
- Coordinate and monitor status of design incentive/disincentive programs complying with provisions of design subcontract.
- Perform constructive reviews IDC /IDR conforming design to prime contract requirements and proposal commitments.
- Coordinate and control design submittals for owner's review and approval.
- Facilitate resolving design issues with owner.
- The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that change orders are current and adequate. Prepare early warning and change instruction documentation.
- Identification of risk and opportunity in the design and the design/construct interface
- Check the documents in use are current, readily available to those requiring them and stored securely.
- Assess the standard of all proposed installation work associated within the project, undertaking inspections and preparing full reports, where required and submitting these to the Senior Contracts Manager or including the contents within an appropriate programme of works.
- Input and coordinate review of constructability, value engineering and contractor preferences throughout project life cycle.
- Promoting a continuous improvement culture and the use of best practice
- Support and coordinate hand back process for project close out
The successful applicant for this role, will be able to demonstrate experience in:
- A Degree in a rail/civil engineering discipline together with Membership of an Engineering Institution providing Chartered Engineer status (or working towards/close to achieving professional qualification. E.g. ICE).
- Experience in a similar Design Coordination/Management role in a rail contracting environment.
- Have a clear understanding of design delivery processes
- Have experience of the management of design consultants including the preparation of consultant's briefs.
- Have a clear understanding of commercial engagement and contractual management of design consultants
- Have a working knowledge of the CDM regulations including the roles and responsibilities of the Designer and of the Principal Contractor
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package for the right person.
If you would like more information, or to apply feel free to contact Jamie Nicholson using the details provided. Alternatively click the "apply now" link.