£38775.00 - £42849.00 per annum
11 days ago
The Crane Maintenance Team are responsible for ensuring that all cranes and related equipment are performing to the required standard, whilst ensuring the successful delivery of the Crane Maintenance Plan and supporting the delivery of the Group enrichment plan. The Crane Maintenance Team strives toward a culture of continuous improvement whilst operating in an environment that complies with all health, safety, security and regulatory requirements. The Crane Maintenance Team have an influence of many departments and therefore the performance of the Crane Maintenance Team will impact significantly on the company profits.
Functional Purpose - Maintenance Execution
The Crane Maintenance Teams function is to prioritise and carry out the maintenance activities to ensure cranes and crane related equipment are operating to the required standard. More specifically:
- Carry out PM1,2,3,4 and 5 work orders
- Carry out debugging and diagnostics
- Facilitate and lead problem solving
- Develop people through on the job training
- Provide support to other departments
- Manage contractors
- Deliver the maintenance plans on the agreed timescales
- Work efficiently and effectively to achieve the set goals
- Works in a highly regulated environment
- Completes Technical tasks in accordance to the maintenance plan
- Carry out all maintenance activities safely
- Continuously look for improvements to the maintenance processes
- Support the plant online factor though maintaining site wide Cranes
To work as part as the Crane Maintenance Execution team actively carrying out the activities on the maintenance plan and responding to breakdown situations. To deliver the maintenance plan and support the plant online factor, working on all cranes across site.
Specific Know How and Technical Skill
- Developed technical, planning and communications skills
- Good communication and customer liaison skills to be able to identify and understand requirements and to gain confidence in solutions provided
- Ability to communicate in non-specialist, business focused terms.
- Proficient in the use of site computer systems and applications as appropriate for the role (e.g. Microsoft word, SAP, PACS, email)
- Business awareness & commercial focused
- In-depth knowledge of all Crane maintenance activities carried out on site
- Willingness to multi-skill across trades to a given level.
- Familiarity with technical documentation requirements in a highly regulated environment
- Ability to analyse technical data to aid fault finding
- Ability to follow and update maintenance working instructions, permits and procedures to ensure all standards are met.
- The capability of understanding electrical drawings, instrumentation drawings, mechanical drawings and Process Flow Diagrams.
- Fault find on technical systems down to component level
Qualifications / Experience
- Ideally Experience of working on Overhead Cranes
- Experience of multi-skilled work
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship or equivalent
- HNC / NVQ (Level3) and/or City and Guilds qualification.
- Senior secondary vocational education. Ideally Grade C or above in Maths, English and Science