Up to £22.00 per hour
10 months ago
To provide logistical support to ENS Satellite operations, to organise the processing of hardware from stores to the assembly storage area. To organise and carry out packing and loading of boxes for offsite storage. To organise and champion shipping lists and shipping reviews. To manage the projects mechanical ground support equipment (MGSE) and its serviceability/readiness for use. Cleaning equipment ready for use on spacecraft.
- Project Operational Phase -
- Management and movement of flight hardware to and from stores
- Management and movement of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) to and from off-site storage
- Support to AIT Engineer in periods of high workload.
- Support MGSE quality reviews and Root Cause Analysis.
- Writing of risk assessments for ground support equipment
- Design of tooling / build aids for assembly execution
- Support to R&D -
- Responsible for ensuring that working modes and processes are standardised, optimised, and current
- Produce new processes, undertake process improvement & maintenance and monitor process implementation in operations
- Experience of handling and lifting of hardware by use of crane
- Good understanding and detailed experience of mechanical ground support equipment
- Prior experience of managing project logistical aspects with hands on approach
- Understanding of mechanical ground support (MGSE) handling and operation
- Procedures and process control
- Good communications and organizational skills with IT skills such as Microsoft Excel and Word
- MRP experience
- Clean room experience
- Aerospace experience
- FMEA/risk management experience
- Knowledge of continuous improvement philosophies
- Knowledge of Health and Safety principles and their application to the specific environment of MGSE
- Practical and proactive
- Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience in the production of high quality documentation (test specs, test plans, test procedures, AIT Plans, DDV plans).
- High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis.
- Good problem solving and planning skills (technical, logistics and organisational).
- Appreciation of satellite integration processes and project phases.
Education & Training
- Minimum of HNC level qualification in a mechanical discipline - but a lesser qualification is acceptable if a high level of similar industry experience can be demonstrated.
The role itself will involve relationship with many levels of the clients infrastructure, these relationships break down as follows;
- AIT Team including Team Leader, Operations Team, Electrical AIT, AIT Project Manager, Quality Assurance
- Project equipment Work Area Managers (WAMs)
- Mechanical Ground Support Equipment sub-contractors.
- As part of role candidate must be able to work offsite (UK and abroad) for undefined periods at short notice
- Working overtime and shifts is expected.
- Able to support out of normal hours work using the "on call" rota process.
**the successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract**