£45296 - £53683 per annum
4 days ago
Plans and leads the work of themselves and others on Cranes and their associated Systems across the site, including Tenant Organisations. As Crane Engineers and Duly Authorisation Person (DAP) the post holder will provide technical advice and guidance to others including contractors and technicians. Will also carry out maintenance technician duties when required and be responsible person (lifting equipment).
The Crane Maintenance Engineer is responsible for ensuring that all site Cranes and related equipment are performing optimally, whilst ensuring the successful delivery of the Crane Maintenance Plan and supporting the delivery of the Group enrichment plan. The Crane Maintenance Engineer strives toward a culture of continuous improvement whilst operating in an environment that complies with all health, safety, security and regulatory requirements. The Crane Maintenance Engineer will have the greatest influence on the online time factor of the assets, and therefore the performance and availability of the Cranes will impact significantly on the site management of cylinders.
The Engineer will also be a Duly Authorised Person (DAP). Licence Condition (LC) 12 requires that Duly Authorised Persons (DAPs) be appointed to control and supervise operations which may affect plant safety. Client arrangements must ensure that Suitably Qualified and Experienced (SQEP) perform any duties which may affect the safety of operations onsite. To fulfil the role of Crane Maintenance Engineer the role holder will be a DAP for LC 26 (Control and Supervision of Operation) and LC 28 (Examination, Inspection, Maintenance and Testing).
- In-depth knowledge of the Cranes on site.
- Broad knowledge of various types of Electrical and Instrumentation equipment, including (but not restricted to) all DBSMs (Design Basis Safety Measure), SR SSCs (Safety Related Structure, System or Component) and MSSCs (Minor Structure, System or Component)
- Ability to analyse technical data to aid fault finding
- Good communication and customer liaison skills to be able to identify and understand requirements and to gain confidence in solutions provided
- Degree in Engineering, Science or Technical Discipline
- Experience in structured problem solving and route cause analysis