Up to £9.00 per hour
11 days ago
12 month contract
Course Administration Officer; based in Portsmouth; 12 month contract; £9.00 per hour
We are looking to recruit a Course Administrator Officer to provide a proficient and professional administration service to the Royal Naval Learning Centre within HMS Nelson on behalf of a large defence company. This is a customer facing role requiring a high standard of organisation as well as verbal and written communication skills. The role is working in a team of 5.
Duties will involve;
- Provide all administration for the IGCSE courses
- Keep all IGCSE records up to date
- Carry out all examination administration including set up and sending of exams
- Liaise with Chichester College for IGCSE Maths and English invigilators
Main point of contact for Enhanced Learning Credits:
- Offer advice and guidance
- Approve claims
- Process Claims
Main point of contact for Standard Learning Credits:
- Offer advice and guidance
- Approve claims and forward for processing
Providing Tutor and Chichester College support:
- Point of contact for all Chichester College enquiries
Main point of contact for all office enquiries:
- Provide advice and guidance wrt EL3R.
- Administer the Modern Language Aptitude Test
- To be the focal point in training new members of the Naval teams and organise continuous training.
Deputy Building Officer:
- Report defects
- Assist Building Manager (fire drills, staff H&S records, weekly rounds)
- Ensure building is secure at the end of each day
- To assist the Officer In Charge with any other tasks as seen fit
- Delivering a helpdesk service in accordance with the service level agreements & priorities within the contract
- Attend team meetings and actively contribute to process improvements.
- Carry out tasks/projects and objectives as directed by the Manager.
- Collate mail, order stationary and business cards, gate bookings
- Other ad hoc tasking as required
- Carry out administration of IGCSE Courses and Exams including liaising with Chichester College for exam invigilators
- Be the main point of contact for all office enquiries
- Provide tutor and Chichester College support
- Be the point of contact for all ELC enquiries
- Be able to communicate effectively and confidently, with fact and diplomacy, with all levels of internal and external customers
- Ensure all feedback required is received in a timely fashion
- Attend regular meetings with the Customer to discuss delivery output and implement all Lessons Learnt
- Maintain accurate records and provide management information
- Produce and distribute reports
- Capable of working under pressure and delivering against tight deadlines
- Carry out other tasks/projects and objectives
- Able to prioritise their own work and meet objectives
- Undertaken management of the Service Central Library
- Summer School Sponsorship
- Input JPA updates
- To scan and attach all documents to relevant course materials in MOD mandated systems
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate responsible behaviours in accordance with the company Code of Conduct.
Working hours (with 30 minutes lunch):
Mon 0745 - 1700
Tue 0745 - 1600
Wed 0745 - 1400
Thu 0745 - 1700
Fri 0800 - 1430
The jobholder will be educated to GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) including English. You will have previous Customer Service experience along with good problem solving skills and effective communication skills. You will be PC literate with knowledge of Excel, Word and other relevant software. Some knowledge of higher education and education in general would be an advantage.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.