Up to £0.00 per annum
12 days ago
Our high profile client manages large scale national procurement contracts and has a current requirement for two (2) experienced Cost Estimators. Both roles are presented on a contract basis (6 months initial) and will be based at our client's site operations at Abbeywood, Bristol.
The role demands thought leadership in the preparation and presentation of UK MOD Cost estimates and the Development of Cost or Financial Models at strategic levels. Demonstrated skill in identifying, analysing, modelling and providing innovative solutions to cost estimating or modelling problems.
- Leadership of the development, oversight and reviewing the preparation of Basis of Estimates (BOE) for agreed packages of work for a high value project, programme or portfolio
- Act as the SME for policies and procedures for Cost Estimation and Modelling, and associated supporting documentation (JSP 507, JSP 655, AQUA book, Green Book, Orange Book)
- Advise on the most appropriate estimating techniques based upon the project requirement such as Comparative, Analogous, Parametric and Build Up
- Identify and statistically evaluate Cost Risks, Opportunities and Uncertainties
- Perform and present complex cost analysis to present to Senior Management to inform strategic decision making
- Identifying cost trends and Management Information for management attention
- Advise on use of industry standard cost, estimating and modelling applications and techniques
- Oversight and definition of modelling services at Project, Programme and Portfolio level
- Leading the development of approaches with customers to prioritise and deploy resources to meet their needs and expectations
- Develop, verify, validate, populate, test and/or operate models as required to support decision-making
- Support stakeholders through the delivery of models and capability/capacity studies as part of enduring relationships with Industry
- Analysis of estimate data and correlation to other projects and support services
- Sensitivity Analysis/Cost Driver Analysis
- Whole Life Cost Estimating including FOREX and Financial treatment.
- 5 years leadership experience in identifying, analysing, modelling and providing innovative solutions to cost estimating or modelling problems
- ICEAA or Incorporated member of ACostE, CPCostE preferred
- 5 years Cost Management, Risk, scheduling and EVM experience
- Minimum of QCF Level 4 in a relevant subject.
- Due to the nature of the work candidates must hold a current SC clearance