Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per day + negotiable
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
Morson International are looking to recruit Cost Estimators to join a large, high profile, infrastructure project based in the Birmingham area.
Tasks - Cost Performance Management
Receives consultant monthly dashboards representing Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP) and Estimate at Completion (EAC) for multiple control accounts.
Reviews the data to make recommendations, in written form (board pack) regarding:
- Consultant cost performance (in relation to the schedule progress made) and real-world analysis regarding variance between prior month forecast and actual cost, and EAC variance between months, in relation to NEC Option C contract mechanism.
- Risks around EAC achievement by developing independent assessments based on knowledge of the issues that have, and might occur, on the contract, and the wider programme dynamics
- Validity of consultant statements regarding progress, cost performance, and risks, based on consistency and knowledge of the dynamics of the contract and programme
Ensures change is implemented appropriately within the consultant dashboard, and company systems
Updates, and takes ownership of, the data held within PRISM, cost performance management system
Prepares ad-hoc analysis and assessment on likely consultant costs for new elements of scope
Tasks - Cost Estimating
Receives detailed estimates from consultants and:
- Undertakes assurance of the estimate, confirming, through question-and-answer process, that the estimate is complete, reliable and logical. This will involve challenging areas of the estimate that do not make sense, clarifying the consultant position and, either documenting acceptable clarity, or documenting the alternate position that should be taken. The likely types of work that are being estimated are:
- Earthworks (cuttings and embankments, mass-haul)
- Structures (bridges, viaducts)
- Tunnels (cut and cover, bored)
- Rail station buildings
- Rail systems (track, OHLE, signalling, lineside power)
- Ensures and, as appropriate, corrects, coding of estimate data and provides written objective analysis of the changes between estimates, relating the changes to real-world events that have occurred.
- Ensures that there is exclusivity between point estimates, identified risks and identified opportunities.
- Uses the knowledge of the programme and the estimate to identify risks and opportunities that may have been missed by others
- Prepares a report on the assurance that has been undertaken, detailing the assurance steps that have been undertaken, the challenges, the result of the challenges, and making a recommendation regarding the position should take in regard to the estimate.
Prepares estimates utilizing the cost estimating data available, and occasionally through other sources, including experience gained in other work, appropriately documented and subject to review by others, for certain discrete scopes of work.