about 1 month ago
Cost Estimator, Permanent, Gloucester
Our client is looking for a Cost Estimator to undertake Cost estimating activities including the oversight of cost estimates produces. To validate review, evaluate, validate and report on existing estimates for projects. Assist in risk and opportunity exercises and reviews.
Activities to be delivered:-
- Develop estimating and benchmarking processes, procedures and capability.
- Ensure the implementation of the clients estimating procedures.
- Undertake estimating oversight and assurance activities
- Review, evaluate, validate and report on existing estimates for projects within the Programme
- Perform and support project and programme reviews.
- Assist in risk and opportunity exercises and reviews.
Skills and Experience:-
- Candidates must have extensive Programme and/or Project Controls experience that has been gained in large, complex project environments, whether operations, maintenance, capital or revenue;
- Significant experience in implementation of new cost management solutions, including development of key performance indicators, limits systems and reporting requirements.
- Understanding of project governance, assurance and delivery management frameworks, the clients Value Assurance Process, Project Management & Project Controls processes and relevant support arrangements; provide support to project teams to develop their cost estimates and coast management plans in compliance with functionally defined requirements.
- Provide assurance that project cost management activities are robust prior to gate decision points.
- Demonstrates excellent stakeholder relationship management and interpersonal skills with an ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Ability to ensure delivery through and with others to agreed standards, deadlines and budget.
- Excellent analysis capabilities coupled with a reliable structured method of working.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office and appropriate cost management tools and systems.