11 months ago
Cost Engineer/Estimator required to develop and agree scope/budgets for projects and/or programmes and controlling forecast and actual costs against them this includes the provision of risk & opportunity analysis on these budgets and change management.
Responsible for applying requirements management, budgeting & cost control, financial management, change management and benefits management.
Principal tasks and responsibilities to include:
* Develop/implement and maintain the Project Baseline Budgets incl Control Account Plans/Responsibility Assignment Matrix and WBS Dictionary (SOW)
* Develop and maintain Project Risk & Opportunity registers and manage the mitigation actions
* Implementation of change management process on the project and assurance of alignment with the business/contractual requirements
* Provision of weekly and monthly performance & cost reports and associated analysis/narrative
* Lead on provision of estimates, resource and financial forecast data from the project into the business
* Cost estimate alignment between Primavera and IFS
* Ensure a full and detailed understanding and interpretation of the Customer requirements incl. Project gate and phase reviews iaw the Project Life cycle
* Lead on the continuity between estimating and project delivery
* Development and maintenance of Project Assumptions/Exclusions and Dependencies logs
* Management of the project change register and associated impact assessments
* Ensuring that the schedule is cost loaded in line with the Baseline budgets
* Maintain project EAC's and ensure regular reviews are undertaken with each discipline
* Govern alignment of integrated schedule to project change register and budgets/forecasts
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
A minimum of five years applying estimating, budgeting & cost control in a complex environment.
2 years supervisory/managerial experience in an estimating environment.
HNC level qualification in engineering / project / construction management or a related field.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) or developed vetting (DV) level of security clearances)