12 months ago
Morson International is working with a key client in the Nuclear Sector who has a current requirement for a Cost Engineer. This 12 month contract assignment will be based at their business operations in Newbury. Attractive hourly rate on offer to the right candidate.
'Cavendish Nuclear, a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company. With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000 we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we are located at offices and sites in the UK as well as internationally.
Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and deliver across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation. At Cavendish Nuclear we put people first. A career with us is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When joining us, you know that's exactly what you'll get. When you join Cavendish Nuclear, you will have opportunities to work on projects that will have an impact on the future.'
- Liaising with project team members to obtain and challenge cost related aspects of project
- Collating, monitoring, analysing and reporting all cost related aspects for project
- Maintaining a monthly forecast and EAC and understand any change from month to month
- Maintaining project control structures (WBS/CBS) and monitor actual and forecast costs against budgets
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the commercial manager to ensure that change control is factored into the project forecasts
- Working closely with the project planner to ensure integration of cost and planning
- Preparing data for and contributing directly into internal business and client reports
- Preparing and producing weekly actual labour reports for project manager
- Preparing monthly application for payment and collating supporting evidence of costs such as timesheets, supplier invoices and staff expense claims
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the finance department and collate and submit accruals on a monthly basis
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree Qualified or relevant proven experience within a cost role in the nuclear or similar industry
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience within a cost role in the Nuclear industry or similar
- Experience with ERP such as SAP, Oracle or similar
- Sound knowledge of general project controls in a major projects environment
- An awareness of NEC3 or similar type contracts
- Strong communication skills
- A good level of computing literacy - strong working knowledge of MS Excel