Up to £0.00 per annum
6 months ago
Purpose of the Job
- Working with the Project Manager and other team members to analyse and report on the cost status of the works.
- Working closely with Contractors' to assess and analyse the cost status of the works; assessing Contractor dashboards and making recommendations where appropriate. Briefing the Project Manager on the cost status of the works.
- Co-ordinating the implementation and day to day operation of the Project Change/Trend Program within their Project. Raises, records and reports Trends. Co-ordinating weekly Trend meetings. Monitoring the timely raising and resolution of Trends. Utilising the Trend Database to progress the resolution of trends via weekly trend meetings at project/site level in order to update the AFC.
- Working knowledge of cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis.
- Construction experience as a Cost Engineer preferable.
- Extensive knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts, with operational implementation and daily contractor management.
- Skilled in oral and written communication, with experience of presenting cost engineering information to management/clients.
- Experience of identifying, analysing, and solving problems.
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialised instruction or practical experience.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, preferably in Engineering or Construction Management or Quantity Surveying or equivalent experience.
- An advanced level of MS Excel skills desirable.
- Experience of forecasting, scheduling techniques and risk analysis.