5 months ago
Cost Engineer, Permanent, Gloucester
* Aid in the implementation of an overall cost management framework for the Portfolio.
* Define, develop and maintain the cost management processes and tools to support effective cost management across the Portfolio.
* Work with other Programme Control colleagues to ensure the effective interaction of cost performance with schedule, risk and quality performance.
* Establish and execute an effective means of monitoring and assuring the consistent use of fit for purpose cost management practices across Clients supply chain.
* Contribute to ensuring that Safety is the overriding priority across the Portfolio through effective application of cost management practice.
* Act as the SME for cost management across the Portfolio.
* Take appropriate action and ensure positive challenge colleagues and the supply chain where cost management standards are not being adhered to.
* Lead on the development and implementation of an cost estimating process and system.
* Programme and/or Project Controls experience that has been gained in large, complex project environments, whether operations, maintenance, capital or revenue.
* Experience in implementation of new cost management solutions, including development of key performance indicators, limits systems and reporting requirements.
* Demonstrates excellent stakeholder relationship management and interpersonal skills with an ability to influence senior stakeholders.
* Ability to ensure delivery through and with others to agreed standards, deadlines and budget.
* Excellent analysis capabilities coupled with a reliable structured method of working.
* Very good knowledge of MS Office and appropriate cost management tools and systems.