8 days ago
Cost Engineer,12 month Contract, Nuclear, Newbury
- Provision of a pro-active cost engineering service to commercial proposals and projects throughout project lifecycle and in accordance with Company procedures and systems, including but not limited to:
- Setting up cost management arrangements including project structures, cost capture & recording codes.
- Manage project ACWP including timebooking, subcontract invoicing & payments, service entries, receipting & accruals, journal requests as required.
- Manage project EAC against baseline budget/control estimate including ETC update, commitments, trending & performance analysis, SPI/CPI.
- Collate & prepare applications for payment in accordance with specific contract terms.
- Prepare cost & sales analysis for monthly reports
- Prepare and input into project detailed cost reports as per project categorisation criteria and requirements.
- Prepare detailed financial cost reports & forecasts as required.
- Monitor and control of change.
- Support the PM / Financial Controller in the production and analysis of cost/sale performance.
- Support the PM to assess the outturn costs / sales.
- Contribute to the identification of project risks and the quantification of financial impact.
- Minimum 5 years cost engineering experience in an appropriate sector (nuclear, process engineering, oil & gas or civil engineering).
- Sound knowledge of recognised project management and controls principles including Earned Value Management.
- Sound knowledge of project financial/accounting software, ideally SAP
- Good knowledge of the uses of commercial scheduling and estimating software. Competence
- Fully competent in cost engineering in accordance with the requirements defined in the Cost Engineer role description. Qualifications
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Project Controls or associated project or accounting discipline