Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per day
Rail Technical Team
11 months ago
12 Months +
Our client are a global engineering, construction and project management company who deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Their expertise includes Infrastructure, Mining & Metals, Nuclear, Security, Environmental, Oil, Gas & Chemicals in 160 countries on all seven continents. The company and culture are built on over a century of leadership and relentless adherence to values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics and integrity.
The role will support a large mobilisation programme working within an integrated team with the end customer, managing and supporting the development and submission of the Phase 2b hybrid legislation to government.
The job holder will perform cost estimating, analysis, and control activities, as directed. Supervises cost engineering activities when delegated.
- Reports to and receives technical and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
- Provides technical direction to assigned personnel, when delegated.
- Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers.
- Assists in preparing cost data for proposals and contract negotiations.
- Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training programs.
- Determines scope definition requirements for a discipline or other speciality, works with Engineering and other sources to coordinate the production of required data to conform to the overall estimate preparation plan.
- Develops quantity take-offs for a discipline or speciality using defined documents or undefined scope assumptions. Verifies quantities provided by others.
- Develops and applies unit rates (cost and job hours) to quantity take-offs and to otherwise developed quantities within a discipline or other speciality.
- Prepares specific budgets in accordance with prescribed standards and procedures.
- Assists in developing and implementing requirements for cost recording, reporting, and analysing standards, programs, and reports. Performs performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications, including the consistent use of applicable procedures.
- Independently provides financial reporting and trending, with oversight, for the Project Cost Engineer.
- Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions. This includes training in the proper use and definitions for the cost accounts.
- Investigates the requirements for estimating and/or cost control data for a specific discipline/other speciality application.
- Collects and classifies cost engineering data.
- Performs data analysis and development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERTISE
- Experience performing quantity take-offs, statistical analysis, and computer operations, or skilled in understanding technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and mathematical and financial reports.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge in the use of computers for executing work processes.
- Knowledge in capital cost and services estimating.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and start-up work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialised instruction or practical experience.
- Knowledge of financial reporting systems and controller account codes, and understanding of Controller instructions, which impact Project Controls (including Project Financial Status Reports and Earned Revenue Determination Data).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction or related field.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in project controls with emphasis on cost and project estimating. In lieu of degree, 9 years of related work experience required.