Up to £1 per annum
3 months ago
Purpose of the Job
To support in:
- Working with the Project Manager and other team members to analyse and report on the cost status of the works.
- Working closely with Contractor's to assess and analyse the cost status of the works; assessing Contractor dashboards and making recommendations where appropriate. Briefing the Project Manager on the cost status of the works.
- Co-ordinating the implementation and day to day operation of the Project Change/Trend Program within their Project. Raises, records and reports Trends. Co-ordinating weekly Trend meetings. Monitoring the timely raising and resolution of Trends. Utilising the Trend Database to progress the resolution of trends via weekly trend meetings at project/site level in order to update the AFC.
- Maintaining the Cost Management database, and checking that forecast and budgeted costs align with cost flows for EV purposes.
- Developing and contributing to the weekly and period reporting requirements.
- Participating in re-forecasts as required by the programme.
- Deploying and implementing the Project Control requirements included in contracts.
- Interfacing with contract administration on contract issues and status of changes. Providing assistance with assessment of changes.
- Participating in the preparation of cost studies utilising historical data, statistical analysis and cost and quantity comparisons. Developing new techniques as required to meet specific needs and within the parameters specified.
- Working knowledge of cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis.
- Construction experience as a Cost Engineer preferable.
- Extensive knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts, with operational implementation and daily contractor management.
- Skilled in oral and written communication, with experience of presenting cost engineering information to management/clients.
- Experience of identifying, analysing, and solving problems.
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and start up work processes.