£30.00 - £40.00 per annum + Ltd Company Rate
3 months ago
Provision of a pro-active cost engineering service to commercial proposals and projects throughout project lifecycle and in accordance with Company procedures and systems, including but not limited to:
* Setting up cost management arrangements including project structures, cost capture & recording codes.
* Manage project ACWP including timebooking, subcontract invoicing & payments, service entries, receipting & accruals, journal requests as required.
* Manage project EAC against baseline budget/control estimate including ETC update, commitments, trending & performance analysis, SPI/CPI.
* Collate & prepare applications for payment in accordance with specific contract terms.
* Prepare cost & sales analysis for monthly reports
* Prepare and input into project detailed cost reports as per project categorisation criteria and requirements.
* Prepare detailed financial cost reports & forecasts as required.
* Monitor and control of change.
* Support the PM / Financial Controller in the production and analysis of cost/sale performance.
* Support the PM to assess the outturn costs / sales.
* Contribute to the identification of project risks and the quantification of financial impact.
CNL Qualifications & Experience
* Minimum 5 years cost engineering experience in an appropriate sector (nuclear, process engineering, oil & gas or civil engineering).
* Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Project Controls or associated project or accounting discipline
* Sound knowledge of recognised project management and controls principles including Earned Value Management.
* Sound knowledge of project financial/accounting software, ideally SAP
* Good knowledge of the uses of commercial scheduling and estimating software.
Competence (see note 1)
* Fully competent in cost engineering in accordance with the requirements defined in the Cost Engineer role description.
* Knowledgeable in the following competencies to a sufficient level to be able to understand and describe the key requirements for all categories of project.
Project Categorisation Scheduling Project Management Plan Change Control Budgeting & Cost Management Earned Value Management.