6 days ago
Cost Controls Engineer
Our client is currently looking to recruit Cost Engineer to undertake duties on a number of high profile projects with our partners and clients within sectors: Defence, Rail, Utilities, Nuclear, Defence, Highways and Environment. The role is to join their expanding Bristol and South West team on some of the region's most high profile projects.
Implement, administer and maintain cost control system and procedures to track project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts for projects of medium complexity and value
* Assist in the preparation and review of cost estimates
* Provide cost information to support decision and alternative selection
* Evaluate contractor invoices prior to submission for pre-approval
* Utilise information from Cost Capture System and input to cost report and validation of spending
* Evaluate and analyse fee proposals / bids and provide recommendation for decision making
* Provide forecasts and cash flow analysis
* Maintain and manage the cost report and provide regular updates on financial position
* Assist in the development, validation and maintenance of the project schedule
* Assist in developing reporting tracking tools and generates cost reports on regular basis including evaluation of earned value
* Support the coordination of the Change Management process for the project
* Build intricate spreadsheets to enable fast and accurate data manipulation of large datasets
* Extract data from several sources, transforming it to fit operational needs
* Reconcile data to support complete accuracy and creates a clean audit trail
Computer literacy in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
* Knowledge and Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications such as SAP, Sage etc.
* Demonstrable Project Cost Control techniques.
* Able to coordinate and work with other teams and have basic multi-disciplinary knowledge.
* Good research and analytical skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent communication and organisation skills.
* Professional working knowledge of Project Controls software and tools.