9 months ago
Our high profile client manages large scale national procurement contracts and has a current requirement for a broad spectrum of experienced Cost Controllers. Experience of working in a Government finance or cost control department would be highly beneficial. All roles are presented on a contract basis (6 months initial) and will be based at our client's site operations at Filton, Bristol.
Monitoring Programme/Project costs throughout the reporting period and advising on cost control performance, accruals, impairment and supporting investment appraisals.
- Ability to develop, improve and adapt the tools, techniques and processes to fit the requirements of the team and the business
- Ability to engage with relevant stakeholders to support the generation of Programme/Project cost information, identifying options to remain within budget.
- Finance point of contact for appropriate projects, ensuring relevant interface across stakeholders
- Ability to contribute to and produce relevant financial documentation
- Ability to review management information, provide business insight and work alongside colleagues to help deliver the support strategy and policy
- Understanding of cost control, EVM, VAT and Foreign Exchange processes and policy.
- Preparation and maintenance of the annual budgets, cost control and associated accounting documentation.
- Confident in dealing directly with Finance representatives
- Understand the impact of any changes to the programme/project budget.
- Providing input to the development of finance strategies to support approval submissions for projects
- Production of recommended review and assessment of investment appraisals for Industry submissions and recommended weighting of each return
- Contributing to the development of finance planning
- Assessing the impact of any proposed changes to the programme/project budgeting
- Ensuring that appropriate controls are in place and that any change or acquisition are compliant with governance
- Ensuring that any changes to the budget are communicated effectively to an appropriate audience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience of working in cost or finance management or a suitable analytical discipline.
- Attainment of or working toward a CCAB, CIMA, AAT qualification
- Membership of Association of Cost Engineers (ACostE) at Incorporated level or willingness to work towards required accreditation level within a year.
- Knowledge of relevant finance systems and tools to support the delivery of advice to stakeholders on the subject matter area
- Minimum of QCF Level 3 in a relevant subject.