25 days ago
12 Months +
Cost Controller - Hersham - 12 Months +
Responsible for supporting, guiding and advising the Project Execution and Engineering Teams, and specifically Projects, Engineering, Construction and Commissioning on maintaining cost / forecasting / financial control for the project. Specifically, the Cost Control Team to:
* Attend project kick-off/ commercial kick-off and monthly project team reviews
* Approve all major bid tabs to review currency impacts and correct cost allocation
* Monitor spend to ensure accurate cost reporting
* Prepare monthly/quarterly spend analysis
* Develop forecast trend analysis for site costs
* Maintain detailed change management records
* Assist project team in development of action plans to avoid cost & schedule overruns
* Maintain reserve and contingency analysis
* Using the L4 deliverables to accurately forecast man-hours with design
* Work with the project team to develop detailed monthly cost forecast / status reports
* Review forecast with the Project Manager/Engineering Leadership Team
* Produce all monthly/quarterly reporting slides for the project financials
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Minimum 5 years' project cost control experience.
* Sound knowledge, proven skills and competencies in application of project cost control principles, methodologies and tools, supporting all phases of project execution, especially around Project Cost Control, Forecasting and Reporting, within a large project oriented EPC or Owner Organisation.
* Must be able to deliver accurate cost information, reporting and guidance to management.
* Previous SAP and Ecosys experience essential.
* Experience within an Oil & Gas, Chemical processing or related business and equivalent projects a further benefit.
Global Project Cost Control Experience:
* Proven skills and experience of cost control of projects on global basis, including performing foreign currency analysis, assessing currency risk exposures, advising Treasury of currency requirements and changes, supporting projects executed by multiple engineering offices, and understanding intercompany project ramifications.
* Understanding of a variety of project types, structures and contract terms. This includes sale of gas (SOG), third party sale of equipment (SOE), joint ventures, capital, and cost sharing type arrangements.
* Commercial and technical acumen, detailed working knowledge of project cost controls tools and systems.
* Proven skills in cost control, estimating, quantity surveying coupled with a working knowledge of project management, business development and finance.