6 months ago
Job Description for a Project Controller
A 'Project Controller' is required to undertake the role of a Cost and Schedule Integrator (CSI) within the Engineering area, providing project management and Engineering CAM support on the various contracts. This will include but is not limited to cost and schedule management, programme delivery transition planning and support to the relevant contract closure activities. The successful candidate will have a knowledge of 'Earned Value Management' and at least one Cost Management Tool (i.e. Cobra) or equivalent.
Skills and qualifications
* Project management experience is essential. PMDY awareness/APMP qualification desirable
* Competent use of MSP or equivalent
* Knowledge of Earned Value Management and at least one Cost Management Tool (Artemis, Cobra) or equivalent
* Able to undertake multiple tasks concurrently
* Self-motivated and able to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Generate weekly spend data and monthly Earned Value Reports for reviews with the Control Account Managers (CAM) and SDD/LRIP Programme Management
- Ensure timely incorporation of baseline change requests (BLCRs) into both the schedule and the baseline budget
- Ensure timely provision of Cost Collection Numbers (CCNs) and champion the application of correct governance procedures
- Maintain accurate and reliable project data and ensure there is consistency across all toolsets, including: Microsoft Project (MSP) for scheduling (including Resource loading for LRIP), SDD Cobra (Finance System)/ PM Compass for both labour and non-labour costs, Works Authorisation Report (SDD WAR) for booking governance, Predict (Risk Database) for management of risks
- Provide project data on an ad hoc basis to assist the CAM with day-to-day management and informed decision-making
- Support the CAMs in the resource planning process, maintaining resource demand and plan templates that feed TM1(central resourcing tool)
- Support the CAMs in the Estimating Process for new/ existing scope of work (ETCs)
- Support the CAM and Programme Management reviews (where applicable), including: Development Review (MDR), LRIP Systems Engineering Business Review (SEBR), SDD/LRIP Quarterly Estimate at Completion (QEAC), SDD Comprehensive Estimate at Completion (CEAC)
- Provide project management support to the close down of the current SDD contract
- Provide project management support to the transition from SDD to the future' Follow on development' contracts ensuring that task work scope, schedule/milestones, budgets, cost collection, actual costs, performance metrics, Estimates to Complete, commitment, risks and opportunities are defined and owned by stakeholders and that project control data is timely and accurate Maintain a good working relationship with our customers and colleagues at Lockheed Martin.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.