Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
The Job Holder will interface with the Bidding & Product Investment teams, Commercial Pricing, CS&T, Procurement and Own Production organisations and will manage and translate Cost requirements placed on the company through the use of Product Costing and the Cost to Pricing tools for New Bids & Proposals, to support CS&T or the Intercompany Trading Files enabling them to be timely discharged to ensure customer satisfaction.
The focus of this role is on the Product Costing module in SAP supporting, and feeding data, to the cost to pricing system. The Job Holder is responsible for the maintenance and updating of all Own Production parts on to GBA4 (the Costing and Pricing plant) through the Product Costing process. For new spares requirements the Job Holder will investigate available sources of cost pulling through clean data into the Costing and Pricing Plant by way of the use of established processes and comparative validation. Repairs and Overhauls (R&O) are currently catalogued through the use of bespoke, stand alone systems. The Job holder is to maintain these process but also establish the use of Product Costing for R&O and support the creation of an integrated SAP process across the business with all key stakeholders.
For new requirements the Job Holder will investigate available sources of cost making sure the Product Costing and Cost to Price systems are updated and where applicable ensure that Requests for Quotation (RFQ) are flowed out to Procurement and any other relevant stakeholders against agreed timescales.
The Job Holder will manage and monitor progress, clearly identifying risk and report to senior management.
Working under delegated authority from the Cost Source Manager, the Job Holder will, for the tasks delegated, be responsible for:
* Extracting and interpreting cost data from Vendor Contracts and/or historic Purchase Orders and costing files in support of bids and proposals, catalogue pricing requests, Inter-company price files, internal reporting, Repair and Overhaul quotations and ad-hoc costing requests.
* Maintain and validate cost data held in the Product Costing finance Plant (GBA4) for New Build.
* Undertake variance analysis between actual and pricing data held in Product Costing
* Challenge all sources of cost through the company to obtain the most robust available
* Maintain and investigate system interfaces between Procurement, Product Costing and Cost to Price applications where exceptions occur.
* In support of customer requests placing part number validation requests on CS&T
* Expediting validation and obsolescence requests placed on CS&T
* Reviewing and verifying data provided by CS&T.
* Providing clear and unambiguous costing outputs from Vendor contracts or other cost data sources, as appropriate, to the Cost Source Manager in a timely manner.
* Ensure that Requests for Quotation (RFQ) are flowed out to Procurement and Production areas in a timely manner.
* Work closely with Own Production or the Procurement areas in creating a more robust cost base.
* Preparing and collating management and control reports in support of delegated tasks.
* Support the establishment of a R&O process that moves current practice in to a SAP based process.
* Become Product Costing Super User
* Present issues and/or findings to senior managers and undertake companywide training if required
* Work as part of a team to deliver against department agreed objectives.
* Supervision, support and training of junior staff to enable them to deliver against their specific tasks
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Business related HNC or a minimum of 3 years experience in a relevant field.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others.
* The Job Holder must possess a high degree of computer literacy and PC skills, primarily in SAP (ideally with Product Costing knowledge), Microsoft Excel & Word.
* Be analytical and a problem solver
* Possessing good communication skills, written and oral, and should be well organised with flexibility in a team environment.
* Capable of working unsupervised
* Set and manage own priorities against over-arching business and department requirements
* Be numerate and be able to demonstrate financial awareness