Up to £27.50 per hour
about 2 months ago
Cost Accountant; Location: Filton; 11-Month Contract; £27.50 PAYE; Role Inside IR35
We currently have a requirement for a temporary Cost Accountant to work at our client's site based in Filton.
The role sits within the client's UK Cost Accounting team, which is responsible for the data quality and submissions of the financial information utilised for P&L reporting for the organisations UK activity, as well as the inventory position on the Balance Sheet. This enables the team to gain an interesting top-level view of all financials for the UK and the business drivers that sit behind the numbers.
The Cost Accounting team are also responsible for ensuring the financial flows in the financial systems are accurate and derive the correct output for management and financial reporting. This Cost Accountant role requires confidence in the SAP system and a logical mind set to be able to understand and challenge cost flow processes in SAP to ensure the correct financial output.
The Cost Accounting team works well together, to support each other to share understanding and help each other out to deliver as one team. There is a great collective team spirit in an enjoyable environment to work in. This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity. as the foundation our client's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
The key areas KEY of responsibility are:
1. Interrogate and understand the cost flows in the new transnational SAP system and assess whether the financial and management accounting output is being derived correctly. Highlight issues identified and propose solutions. Document flows understood to aid sharing with the finance community.
2. Review and assess the internal controls within Cost Accounting to ensure they are robust. Identify and propose improvements to the controls.
3. Take the lead on the transnational Digital Closing project, where closing activities for all Airbus entities will be delivered under one harmonised tool. Understand what the UK Cost Accounting do today and see how this can be replicated in the central Digital closing cockpit.
4. Support the team in relation to month end closing activity, including reconciliations, data trend analysis, identification, understanding and resolution of anomalies.
The ideal candidate for the role should be able to demonstrate 2 key dimensions.
1) technical skills to understand complex accounting and SAP flows (source to destination) and systems (SAP)
2) stakeholder management skills to drive for delivery of outputs and changes to the business or processes
Technical skills required
Excellent understanding of cost allocation methods and accounting flows
SAP investigation ability
Excellent Excel skills - large volume of data interrogation required
Google applications (Sheets etc)
Team player - within the team and with multifunctional teams
Inquisitive mindset - to identify and investigate issues
Lean mindset - to approach a process / problem in a streamlined way to improve the process
Self-driven - to investigate and resolve issues in conjunction with the business to a suitable conclusion.
Ability to understand complex topics
Attention to detail
Ability to prioritise and organise workload
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits;