Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£19000 - £25000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
3 months ago
Our client is a multinational infrastructure group based in the United Kingdom with capabilities in construction services, support services and infrastructure investments. They are currently looking for a Corporate Tax & Statutory Reporting Team Member for 2 months may go on to 3 months - even opportunity to go perm.
We require a junior member to join our team to assist with all areas of UK corporation tax and statutory accounts. This is a varied role and support may be given to study towards a professional qualification if desired.
You will be required to assist with the preparation of the statutory accounts for the UK entities under FRS 101 and FRS 102 specifically:
* Posting journals to produce an extended trial balance;
* The preparation of the statutory accounts from trial balances;
* Liaising with auditors; and
* Liaising with internal management accountants and company secretary.
Corporate Tax Compliance
You will be required to assist in all aspects of the corporation tax compliance process for multiple operating companies within the group including specifically:
* The preparation of corporation tax returns and supporting computations;
* Assisting with all related disclosure elements including transfer pricing, interest restriction, research & development tax credit, loss review, CFC review and capital allowances etc;
* The calculation of quarterly instalment payments; and
* Assisting with general research projects.
Corporate Tax Accounting
You will be required to assist in the preparation of the tax accounting provisions and disclosures specifically:
* The preparation of the current tax and deferred tax disclosures for the UK entity accounts under FRS 101; and
* Assist with the work required to prepare the UK tax disclosures for the group accounts under IFRS.
* Attained a minimum of 2:1 in a finance degree or AAT/ATT qualified
* Achieved an A-C grade in Maths, English and IT at GCSE or the equivalent
* Possess the ability to proactively manage your workload and work independently
* Have excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of people
* Experience of using Microsoft Suite. Full training will be given on OneSource software
* Self-motivated with an aptitude to accept responsibility for own learning and development
* Attention to detail and accuracy with data reporting
flexible with hours 8-4 monday to Friday, could do 8.30 - 4.30
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.