Birmingham, West Midlands
£70000 - £80000 per annum
Rail Technical Team
7 months ago
Job Title: Contract Management Lead
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience
A leading client in the Rail Industry is recruiting for a Contract Management Lead to work in Birmingham on a permanent basis.
As a Corporate Contract Management Lead, you will provide strategic direction and be accountable for the Corporate Contract Management team and contribute to the overall effectiveness.
The Corporate Contact Management Lead must deliver significant benefits through the proactive management of around 200 contracts whilst mitigating the associated supply chain risks, driving value for money and embedding a culture of continuous improvement and professional development.
About the role:
* Develop and lead a team to deliver effective contract management across the corporate portfolio driving value for money
* Manage the required change.
* Ensure the achievement of governance approval and assurance of all contract management documentation to agreed timelines adopting a 'right first time' approach.
* Ensure adherence to the allocated budget for delivering Corporate Contract Management
* Lead the development of positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* To support the business planning process and provide a robust audit trail.
* To contribute fully to the commercial governance of developing, reviewing and presenting proposed business cases as required and exercising delegated approval authorities in accordance with policies.
* Ensure there are effective processes and procedures for the identification, assessment and mitigation of commercial risk both within the Corporate Contract Management community and across the corporate supply chain.
* Experience of contract management across a diverse portfolio driving performance and value for money to a public-sector organisation.
* Experience of leading teams, managing/coaching staff in their career development and ability to drive excellence in staff and suppliers.
* Member of CIPS, International Association for Contract and Commercial Management or equivalent.
* Experience in the development and implementation of contract segmentation and the definition of resulting action plans.
* Experience of developing and implementing contract management processes including good practice guidelines, templates etc.
* Ability to establish and clearly communicate a Contract Management strategy consistent with the client's values and key objectives.
* Ability to continually develop and refresh delivery model to enhance service delivery and cost effectiveness of the Contract Management function.
* The ability to manage multiple contract management work streams simultaneously and effectively.
* Effective report writing and reviewing, presenting, commercial analysis and influencing skills.